BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
JayM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15 M6 GC Comp

Comp pack exhaust vs Turner Delete

Hey guys currently running stock competition package exhaust with exhaust valve wired open but looking for a bit more sound..I was hoping someone could chime in and let me know if upgrading to turner or doing a custom muffler delete will free up a lot more sound? I know comp mufflers already have baffles removed so was wondering if straight pipes would make much of a difference..Also anyone have experience with running downpipes with stock comp exhaust? Thats another route Id consider. Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Custom muffler delete and res delete. I had CP package and deleted muffler and didn’t make much of a difference at all since with valve open it’s straight through anyway. Then I did Resonator delete the next week and it made a big difference, a lot of turbo noise too, perfect for me.

I’d do exhaust mods first before messing with down pipes. You can always put a muffler and resonator back on in an hour. Much more work for down pipes and Dp’s will also throw a code without tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #3
JayM6
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks man! But i read earlier that comp exhaust resonators are hallowed out and straight through compared to the stock ones on regular exhaust? So Im guessing that info was inaccurate as you definitely were able to tell the difference after deleting them?

So should I delete resonators and just keep the comp mufflers instead of deleting them as it doesnt make much of a difference?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Correct the comp resonators are hollowed out and smooth on the inside, but they still muffle a crap ton of sound somehow believe it or not. I don’t know how they work, I’m guessing think walls, they’re heavy as hell. I’m no sound physics expert but the resonator delete made it deeper and significantly louder in the higher rpm’s no real difference at idle or mid range sound.

I would do muffler delete first, mainly because I hate the little factory CP tips. I’m running 4” tips that bevel down to 3.5”. Perfect fitment. If you still want more noise then do resonator delete. If that’s still not enough then do downpipes which I plan to do soon. Also keep in mind I have a GC so exhaust is longer and has more bends so it is quiter. Regular coupe might be fine with one delete
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #5
JayM6
Private First Class
Rep

Hmm interesting, thanks for the info!! No additional drone or anything from res delete right? I appreciate the help.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 02:48 AM   #6
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
i have AMS catless dp with cp exhaust sounds great and i like it.
      03-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
guys, how bad is the gas smell with catless?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 05:53 AM   #8
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
guys, how bad is the gas smell with catless?
i smell it when my windows are down and idle.