BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Where did the BMWUSA configurator go?

On the US configurator:

https://www.bmwusa.com/byo.html#!/

I'm only seeing Alpina B6, Convertible or Gran Coupe for the 6 series ... what happened to the 2 door coupe? Am I missing something?

Usually vehicles only disappear from the configurator when the new model is teeing up for release, but I thought that wasn't until 2018?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
claycourter01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
the coupe and M6 coupe are not being offered for 2018; end of production was February.

BMW will be offering an 8-series coupe, but will likely be more luxury oriented than the 6 series.
Appreciate 1
Pauleebe379.50
      04-28-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claycourter01 View Post
the coupe and M6 coupe are not being offered for 2018; end of production was February.

BMW will be offering an 8-series coupe, but will likely be more luxury oriented than the 6 series.
So the 6 series is beind EOL'd? Seems odd to offer the convertible and gran coupe, but bring back the 6 series soul under 8 series badge?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
claycourter01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
So the 6 series is beind EOL'd? Seems odd to offer the convertible and gran coupe, but bring back the 6 series soul under 8 series badge?
yes I agree it does seem strange, but it appears BMW is going to target a different market niche for a sport coupe, going larger and more expensive, as a companion to the 7-series platform rather than to the 5-series. This article predicts that it will appear as a 2020 model:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mage=100565424

so, for now, the 6 series coupe is out, but the GC and convertible remain.

This was disappointing to me because I was considering moving from my E92 coupe to a 6 series coupe; I think the 8 series, from what we can see, will lose a lot of the sportiness of the 6 and have more of a luxury focus. I'm sure it will have an elegant design but just looks too big to me.

Perhaps the 6er coupe will return as a smaller car, as the article suggests, but it's speculative at this point.

Will everyone here be looking to trade in their 6er coupe on the upcoming 8 or sticking with the 6?
Appreciate 1