BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #111
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

I love how this post goes on and on everytime I look.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #112
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78 View Post
I love how this post goes on and on everytime I look.
LOL Trying my best to keep it going.

Anyways guys have fun with your 6er and I have to agree with you guys that the BMW is the best looking car of the bunch. Not that the other cars are ugly but the BMW does look the best. Just wish the price gap wasn't so huge in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #113
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW View Post
LOL Trying my best to keep it going.

Anyways guys have fun with your 6er and I have to agree with you guys that the BMW is the best looking car of the bunch. Not that the other cars are ugly but the BMW does look the best. Just wish the price gap wasn't so huge in Canada.
Thank you sir!

I hope when I pass the keys to the grand kids, they will still think it is cool by then. With all that BMW's markups, this is the last time they earn my business!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #114
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Quote:
Ahh have you driven the Porsche Cayenne and Panamera? Nothing in the class handles and performs as well as the Panamera and the Cayenne.
If you look at the Cayenne Turbo S compared to the X6M it isn't even close on the tracks and the Cayenne is a full blown SUV. Look at the 0-60, 1/4 mile numbers and the X6M is faster but put it on a track and the Cayenne really shows it's heritage.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...bo_s_mkii.html

Then we look at the M5 vs a Panamera Turbo S and the Porsche beat the M5 on all the tracks both cars have been on. Yes different conditions etc., but we don't really know if it all favored the Porsche. Also the Panamera is a larger car than the M5 yet still capable of beating a smaller car around the track is no simple feat.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...a_turbo_s.html

The main point is that if you are going to charge more than your competitors like Porsche does than you better beat your competition in all aspects of performance/handling. Not to mention Porsche is always on the top in reliability easily beating BMW, Audi, and MB.

In the 650iGC comparison it is an all round nicer car in design but it didn't beat the competition in handling/performance and is asking for $20-30k more?
I think that the fact that BMW is discounting this car by $10k tells you something about the pricing of this car. Go into Audi and ask about the pricing discount for the S6, S7 and they will laugh at you atlleast here in Canada they will. I doubt they are discounting the AMG much either.
Actually I have driven a Panamera 4S and as I agree that the car handles better than the GC but speed and handling isn't the only things you buy a car for. For some people the exterior and interior are more improtant than what under the hood and in that case BMW wins over Porsche for me also Porsche demands way more money than BMW and I don't think a Panamera GTS is faster or handles better than a the M6 GC and yet the GTS is more expensive.
      02-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #115
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee View Post
Actually I have driven a Panamera 4S and as I agree that the car handles better than the GC but speed and handling isn't the only things you buy a car for. For some people the exterior and interior are more improtant than what under the hood and in that case BMW wins over Porsche for me also Porsche demands way more money than BMW and I don't think a Panamera GTS is faster or handles better than a the M6 GC and yet the GTS is more expensive.
In a straight line the M6 is indeed much faster than the Panamera GTS but on a track it is a different story. I think both cars was on Hockenheim and the M6 was only faster by .3seconds. Don't forget the Panamera is a full size sedan larger than the M5 so you comparing a two door coupe to a four door fullsize sedan is not the same. This also shows how much superior the Porsche is in handling over the GC.
Like I said above the styling of the design of the GC is definitely top notch, but the moto of BMW is ultimate driving experience, is it not?
To design a car that looks great is much cheaper than it is to make a car drive great. So the Porsche GTS driving great at that size is not the easiest thing to do as BMW has found out that making the 5er based on the 7 platform has caused critics of it's 5series handling.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #116
Reeses83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes E550 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
In a straight line the M6 is indeed much faster than the Panamera GTS but on a track it is a different story. I think both cars was on Hockenheim and the M6 was only faster by .3seconds. Don't forget the Panamera is a full size sedan larger than the M5 so you comparing a two door coupe to a four door fullsize sedan is not the same. This also shows how much superior the Porsche is in handling over the GC.
Like I said above the styling of the design of the GC is definitely top notch, but the moto of BMW is ultimate driving experience, is it not?
To design a car that looks great is much cheaper than it is to make a car drive great. So the Porsche GTS driving great at that size is not the easiest thing to do as BMW has found out that making the 5er based on the 7 platform has caused critics of it's 5series handling.
Both the M6 GC and Panamera GTS do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. The track may be a different story but both cars 0-60 stats are the same. I like both cars interior and exterior. I think the Panamera looks great but I decided to go with the 6GC because BMW made it easier for me and I thought it looked a little better.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #117
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeses83 View Post
Both the M6 GC and Panamera GTS do 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. The track may be a different story but both cars 0-60 stats are the same. I like both cars interior and exterior. I think the Panamera looks great but I decided to go with the 6GC because BMW made it easier for me and I thought it looked a little better.
Just a little better?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #118
Reeses83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes E550 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Just a little better?
Ok the 6GC is looks more than just a little better. The 6GC is the best looking 4 door coupe IMHO. However, I do really like the Panamera.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #119
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeses83 View Post
Ok the 6GC is looks more than just a little better. The 6GC is the best looking 4 door coupe IMHO. However, I do really like the Panamera.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #120
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just a little better?
LOL Tough crowd, you get a ribbing from your own guys.
Agreed the 6GC is a definite looker. I think the GTS just needs to fix the rear end and rear quarter and it would look awesome. I love how the way it drives but the rear is a turn off.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #121
Phaeron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

I am willing to bet that while the buying price on the GC is astronomical I am willing to bet the Lease on 650gc is probably better. The lease for the s7 will probably be on par with 650xi GC.. I mean shit a 38k A4 with 5k down on 36month 10kmile lease is around 500-600...same range as a fully loaded 535i....
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #122
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 xcomp/911 cab/RR LWB

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
I am willing to bet that while the buying price on the GC is astronomical I am willing to bet the Lease on 650gc is probably better. The lease for the s7 will probably be on par with 650xi GC.. I mean shit a 38k A4 with 5k down on 36month 10kmile lease is around 500-600...same range as a fully loaded 535i....
Agree. Was checking online last week and found tons of 650x-drives in all forms for 900 to 1000 per month with no money down. BMW does have the best lease prices.
Appreciate 0