BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
big_dish
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 640 vert

exhaust options- 640 conv, want more sound

Hi all, Ive had my 2013 640 convertible for a few years now, and recently had a newer GC as a loaner while my car was in the shop. It had the variable exhaust setup (flaps open up the exhaust when in Sport mode)- and it made me realize how much I want more sound out of my exhaust. My factory exhaust makes virtually no audible sound that I can hear from inside the cabin, top up or down.

Now, my dilemma is that I typically only keep cars 3 year, 4 max. So its likely that I wont have this one for longer than another year or so- which means I dont want to break the bank upgrading the exhaust sound- I'd like to do it in a fairly cost effective manner.

I was going to buy a Megan Supremo exhaust, but upon talking to Megan, was informed the 640 exhaust is only for the GC, and will not fit the convertible for some reason.

So- what other options would those of you that have modified exhaust recommend? The other exhausts I have seen have been in the price ranges that I dont see value in paying for just a year or so. I havent seen any in the price range of Megan, either.

I've seen some people have deleted mufflers or resonators on other BMWs (haven't found any info on 640 owners doing that)... would anyone actually recommend doing something like that, or should I just either bite the bullet and pay for a more expensive exhaust for a car I know I'll be changing soon- or just keep my whisper quiet stock and not modify? I dont want crazy ridiculous sound that can be heard from a mile away- just a better growl of sorts. I realize its all opinion based, more or less, just looking for a push in one direction or another haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Tfzen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 640i GC

Perhaps a catless downpipe?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
big_dish
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 640 vert

Thanks, I’ll check that option out. Also just noticed a post a few down where someone was asking a similar question- no idea how I missed that post when I was looking for exhaust threads.

Also found resonator delete videos on YouTube but couldn’t find any specifically for the 640- looks like that may also be an option perhaps
Appreciate 0