BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #1
Intotheblue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Coupe

Alpine white with tint pics

Hi all, I searched the last tint thread and some of the pics weren't loading, just seeing if anyone had updated pics.

The stock tint measured 79% and the shop I went to only carried 40% (43 VLT) or 30% (33 VLT) which would give me either 34% or 26% respectively. I'm trying to ask them to buy a roll of 35% to give an effective 30%.

Since the sunroof is so large I know it makes tint look lighter than on a smaller car, but for the life of me I can't decide on what tint to get (I want it noticeable but not dark enough to hide my face).
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
Walt White Coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 650ix Coupe, 23 C8 Vette

Don't know the numbers but I got what was described as the lightest tint on the door windows and the darkest on the side windows. You can see from the pics it depends on what the background is on how dark it looks. That's how I've done all my cars and works for me.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #3
Intotheblue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Coupe

So I got my tints today, Llumar CTX (carbon ceramic) 35%, which combined with the stock tint gives me around 30% overall. From a straight on side view, it definitely is lighter than I wanted but from an angle it's really nice. If I had to do it again, I would have chosen the 30% like the installer recommended. The large front windshield and sunroof really lighten the tint up even with a black interior, so pics of tints on smaller BMWs are not really representative.

I'll take pics another day and hopefully the buyer's remorse passes.
Appreciate 0