BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

Anyone else run into a new Z06?

Not really looking for a run, coming back from Lowes with a vacuum cleaner in the back seat when all of a sudden I find myself side by side with a new Z06.

I don't think he was looking to run me, but when we got an opening in our 2 lane road, I heard him hit it (it was loud) and I come up behind him quickly. I think that surprised him so he hit it again, and never pulled away from me. The road was rough though, so I kept some distance.

We both stopped at the next light at the same time, easily a mile from where we started and he gave the the thumbs up.

Not sure how it would end up on a 80-150 run, but I don't feel at any point that car was gonna pull any car lengths ahead of me.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

If it's a 2015 Z06 it has 650 hp and is at least 600 pounds lighter than the M6. BMW underrates the M6 but it still IMHO would be the faster of the 2 cars.

I'm thinking real hard about getting the Z06, much to my surprise the Americans have almost defacto won the HP wars and have stayed committed to V8 engines where most German stuff is going V6 etc.

While the Z06 will never match the M6 in beauty or refinement it's quite the monster performer.

Having said that I'm still rather pissed BMW dropped the V8 in the M3 and thus effecting my writing to a degree. I'm either going to get a piggy back tune(dinan or AA) or move on to a Z06 or R8 V10.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 11:56 PM   #3
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider View Post
Not really looking for a run, coming back from Lowes with a vacuum cleaner in the back seat when all of a sudden I find myself side by side with a new Z06.

I don't think he was looking to run me, but when we got an opening in our 2 lane road, I heard him hit it (it was loud) and I come up behind him quickly. I think that surprised him so he hit it again, and never pulled away from me. The road was rough though, so I kept some distance.

We both stopped at the next light at the same time, easily a mile from where we started and he gave the the thumbs up.

Not sure how it would end up on a 80-150 run, but I don't feel at any point that car was gonna pull any car lengths ahead of me.
I'm not surprised at all. If you had seen the video that was posted yesterday and removed by poster today, M6 can even keep up with mid engine Ferrari 458 which is more balanced than Z06!

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
If it's a 2015 Z06 it has 650 hp and is at least 600 pounds lighter than the M6. BMW underrates the M6 but it still IMHO would be the faster of the 2 cars.

I'm thinking real hard about getting the Z06, much to my surprise the Americans have almost defacto won the HP wars and have stayed committed to V8 engines where most German stuff is going V6 etc.

While the Z06 will never match the M6 in beauty or refinement it's quite the monster performer.

Having said that I'm still rather pissed BMW dropped the V8 in the M3 and thus effecting my writing to a degree. I'm either going to get a piggy back tune(dinan or AA) or move on to a Z06 or R8 V10.
You are right about power and weight of Z06, but although it has much better power/weight ratio, there is no guarantee (and definitely there is not) the ability of putting down that power properly...which is called "traction"... M6 is a well balanced big monster at straight line period. The track time and cornering, that's different story and that's the area that Z06 is shining..You would be surprised if you knew that M6 CP in high speed races (0-300 km/h) is MUCH faster than fast cars such as Audi R8 V10+ or Nissan GT-R (with much lighter weight) and very close to 911 TTS. There is a thread that shows the difference. All of those cars are faster at lower speed, but when the monster getting alive, then....Look at this:
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911274
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2015, 12:41 AM   #4
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider View Post

I'm not surprised at all. If you had seen the video that was posted yesterday and removed by poster today, M6 can even keep up with mid engine Ferrari 458 which is more balanced than Z06!

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post

You are right about power and weight of Z06, but although it has much better power/weight ratio, there is no guarantee (and definitely there is not) the ability of putting down that power properly...which is called "traction"... M6 is a well balanced big monster at straight line period. The track time and cornering, that's different story and that's the area that Z06 is shining..You would be surprised if you knew that M6 CP in high speed races (0-300 km/h) is MUCH faster than fast cars such as Audi R8 V10+ or Nissan GT-R (with much lighter weight) and very close to 911 TTS. There is a thread that shows the difference. All of those cars are faster at lower speed, but when the monster getting alive, then....Look at this:
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911274" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.6post.com...p?t=911274</a>
Let's face it- we simply own a beast
      02-16-2015, 12:43 AM   #5
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Let's face it- we simply own a beast
We do
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 03:48 AM   #6
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

Our M6 is a serious torque monster indeed. Anyone else think the DSC is over cautious? I find it interrupting my tire slippage fun most of the time, my 2nd M button disables DSC. I find the car much more tossable and letting the rear end loose a little lets the car explore that powerful V8.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 06:17 AM   #7
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
We do
i need more power !!!
Appreciate 0