BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
PWB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Incoming G83

Dinan vs other tuners

I'm considering a performance upgrade and consider Dinan as well as others, such as MTG. My dealer here in South Florida, Braman Motors, is a Dinan dealer so I am tempted to go for that, but I would like to hear from the competent group at this forum before I make my decision. Any thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #2
LI M6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

I had the Dinan Stage 1 tune installed about 400 miles ago. Did not have any dyno work done before or after.

What I can tell you is that I definitely feel a power difference over 3500 RPM.
It seems to respond better and accelerate faster. I know that's not a technical explanation but in the short time I've had it, it's what I've noticed.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petter View Post
I'm considering a performance upgrade and consider Dinan as well as others, such as MTG. My dealer here in South Florida, Braman Motors, is a Dinan dealer so I am tempted to go for that, but I would like to hear from the competent group at this forum before I make my decision. Any thoughts on this?
1 thing to keep in mind is if you are cautious of your factory warranty.
Dinan is the only company that will back up your warranty in the case of a consequential issue.

There are differences in drivability between all the "piggy back" set ups offered by the different companies.
There are many, many threads in detail from forum members personal experience and reviews. I would suggest reading those.
Lots of good information
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Check out software out. Its easily removable and undetectable.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1081857
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #5
devondragon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
I know Dinan is more $$$ but for me, the warranty is worth it. This is a dream car for me, and I don't want to break it. It seems like most of the tunes provide very similar performance gains, and I've seen multiple people praise the smoothness and drivability of the Dinan tune. So smooth + warranty = worth it for me personally. I've a long history of splicing in various piggyback systems, chipped ECUs, etc.. and for my M6 I want to take the safest route I can (while still getting MOAR POWER!). Props to all the other options and everyone who goes with Burger tunes or any of the other great options out there. I'm just paranoid and can't afford to replace my car if it blows up
Appreciate 0