BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
Ramzy87
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC CP

Body shop accidentally polished frozen silver paint

Hi Guys,

I recently picked up my frozen silver M6 GC from one of the better customization shops in Abu Dhabi. I had the grill painted black (just the inside bars) and got the three bars next to the front badge painted red purple and blue. It turned out great but when I got home and took a closer look I noticed micro scratches on the right bumper. And coming to think of it I saw a guy wiping that particular spot down when I came to pick it up. Now I don't know if it was some sort of abrasive cloth they were using but whatever it was it left a streak of scratches all across the bumper. You can hardly see it at all but if you look close enough and if the sun is bright enough it shows. Does anybody know if this can be reversed and/or what products/techniques etc can be used to cover it up? Going to take it in to BMW after the weekend but wanted to see if anyone here had any solutions.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #2
rsr racer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzy87 View Post
Hi Guys,

I recently picked up my frozen silver M6 GC from one of the better customization shops in Abu Dhabi. I had the grill painted black (just the inside bars) and got the three bars next to the front badge painted red purple and blue. It turned out great but when I got home and took a closer look I noticed micro scratches on the right bumper. And coming to think of it I saw a guy wiping that particular spot down when I came to pick it up. Now I don't know if it was some sort of abrasive cloth they were using but whatever it was it left a streak of scratches all across the bumper. You can hardly see it at all but if you look close enough and if the sun is bright enough it shows. Does anybody know if this can be reversed and/or what products/techniques etc can be used to cover it up? Going to take it in to BMW after the weekend but wanted to see if anyone here had any solutions.

Thanks
drive very fast and no one will see it
      02-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #3
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr racer View Post
LOL
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Im guessing they cant polish them out since itd induce a shine on the matte paint. As far as i know the only solution is respray.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 08:55 PM   #5
rsr racer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr racer View Post
Seriously though, if it's one of the better shops around and your car sustained any damage at all, no matter how small; they should be happy to take care of it without a problem.

If not; I'd probably ask for a refund or stop payment until you are satisfied.
      02-13-2015, 12:59 AM   #6
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

I had a similar issue on my former Frozen White M5... The servicemen took my car out for a 25 MILE "Service Run." I'm always nit-picky about my cars especially after taking it back from service. I always check under my car and nook and cranny possible, I even log the miles, gas consumption, and radio station. Upon delivery, I saw a scratch on the bottom of the bumper from rock chips, as well as a small scratch on the hood.

I was EXTREMELY outraged... <-- literally me x1,000.

The options they provided were to have the hood and bumper resprayed and have my car sit out for several weeks while they try to match the paint, or minor touch up with a full Xpel Stealth Matte clear bra on the front.

I went with the second option. The car was still in the shop for a couple weeks, but better than several where these guys could **** up the car again.

Last edited by supremepower; 02-13-2015 at 01:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #7
fbm3cab
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

A BMW dealership detail shop took a polishing wheel to my frozen black m3 before I even took delivery!

Not possible to undo the damage, you can use special matte paint cleaners and waxes that will help hide the marks/scratches but for a perfect fix it will need to be re sprayed.

My dealer ended up writing me a cheque for 5K to cover the damage their detail shop did to a new car but that was after 6 months of negotiating and threats of court action.

I will never let a new car go to a detailer again.
Appreciate 0