BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-21-2016, 03:46 AM   #1
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Dammit...

Just a month in and the Kent roads have claimed my GC's first victim...found a small (and I mean small only visually noticeable by the top line before the tread and by feel on the Sportmaxx GT) bulge (for the UK lot) or bubble (for the US lot)...

Now the real fun is for the local BM dealer to get me a 245/35 20 RFT (I do like the principal of RFT's, I equally underside the negative side!).

Lucky for me the dealer had another 6 running the same wheel and on a Dunlop and offered it as a donor wheel until the tyre comes in.

I can just about remember hitting a fairly large pothole around Dover dammit .

As an aside I have already had my first complaint go straight to the service manager at the dealer over "unprofessional" conduct (someone got caught on the 2 channel dashcam now fitted only 2 weeks after fitting it )...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #2
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
As an aside I have already had my first complaint go straight to the service manager at the dealer over "unprofessional" conduct (someone got caught on the 2 channel dashcam now fitted only 2 weeks after fitting it )...

Caught doing.....??
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep

1) Routing through "personal property" - my detailing kit which was not in the way of him doing his job in anyway what so ever, furthermore opening an unmarked bottle (I know what is in it) but he would have no clue and opened it which is very foolish.

2) Leaving the car unattended with the key on the windscreen in an area that the public could gain access (furthermore no staff were around at the time)

3) On the phone in regards to the wheel being given for the time period that the owner would be "unhappy" at the condition of said wheel being donated, but quote "sod him" and "who gives a shit".
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #4
Bored of Audi
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 40D Msport+ in Blue

Free RFT or next service when the time comes ? You never know who is watching it listening !
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
darms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport Shadow Ed

Name and shame the dealership chain so we can run a mile
      03-22-2016, 05:56 AM   #6
BMGC
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

+1 for name and shame, believe I live near you so would like to know if I need to give somewhere a miss!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 07:39 AM   #7
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I won't be naming who it is openly at the current time and even after we will see.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #8
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update...well the BMW survey came through for the car naturally I left my impressions so far.

Not long after the Aftersales Manager rings to discuss what went on...but called to confirm that the car is in tomorrow for the new tyre excellent (just as about many suppliers go no stock!). Overall, he accepted the issues raised and is highly interested in the videos which they are going to send along to the sub contracted tyre firm - although the aftersales manager did say in honesty they were "idiotic" actions from the person involved and that videos were well worth having beyond words.

Furthermore, I raised one final point that at no point did the person involved use any form of seat covering or floor covering in the car so the driver's side seat and some of the surroundings all came back with dirt and mud on (on what was clean leather and surfaces prior). Understandably this went down as another poor point on the list considering actual BMW technicians have to use said protection in customer vehicles.

We will see the final result of all this tomorrow....
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2016, 09:24 AM   #9
darms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport Shadow Ed

Sounds like the aftersales mgr has his head screwed on. look forward to tomorrows update
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #10
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
Never realized dash cams could look both ways. Good for you!
Would you share specifics on the cam, please.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #11
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep

2 channel Blackvue DR650GW.

Compromised on video quality slightly but is more discrete you also have the Marcus 5 and Lukas cameras but they end up a bit bulky for my liking where as the 650 is matte black.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #12
M6Havana
M6 f12 Havana
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 Cab

I have two RFT potenza's in that size 6months old if u want them, i live near kent too
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 04:38 PM   #13
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWnyc View Post
Never realized dash cams could look both ways. Good for you!
Would you share specifics on the cam, please.
just add some pictures of it in the dark a tidy install

front camera

rear camera
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 06:51 AM   #14
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep

And there we go yesterday had a call from the Aftersales Manager, the Dealer Principle brought the tyre over from the other site they have. Clearly there had been some conversation beforehand without me present as I walked in the AM simply said Mr Ninja it will be free of charge. I need a copy of the videos to take to the tyre fitting company all fine by me.

Also had a brief chat with the dealer principle who apologised and was glad I brought to their attention the problems and that they were going to have a meeting and get the tyre fitting company involved to improve standards.

The tyre fitting itself was actually done by said employee involved from the tyre fitting company, he was actually a nice chap but did not apologise at any point for what had gone on. At least my 20's did not get damaged in the change. I have to pop back today though as they managed to loose the silver valve caps so it is currently wearing a black one and looks completely odd against the metal valves....OCD yes.

Then to Tesco's and the BM gets a bath followed because it is a nice day some Zymol Vintage to go on top of the C2V3 (he has some swirls but being used everyday personally I do not want to go for full correction (and no I do not want the coating route)).

Will begin the MX5's prep for Summer tomorrow after looking at a wedding venue with OH and future mother in law (the weather is supposed to be awful the OH is working as well tomorrow but the mx5 is in the garage) have a few bits to correct then that will get Vintage on her probably won't get her finished over the bank holiday mind...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 07:09 AM   #15
Lydiamight
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640D Motorsport Convertible

With regards to the pothole that did the damage have a look at
https://www.fixmystreet.com/reports/Kent/Dover+Town
This shows all existing reports of potholes in your area. If the pothole had been reported and the council had done nothing about it then you have a good case for compensation from the council.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 02:08 PM   #16
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Excellent cheers looking back through my photos it appears the issue was there prior to the Dover trip which means I have no clue when it happened (it could within reason have occurred prior to my ownership beginning but lord knows).

Anyway another 5 hours down on the BM few bits done, main element though was topping it with some Vintage to introduce some warmth as the gloss was there just a bit "sterile" and "cold". Vintage has definitely introduced a nice shimmer (bloody well should otherwise I would worry!)

Appreciate 0