BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-11-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

New wheels.. Decisions decisions.

Here are a few wheels I've found so far that might be considered.
Any others that you guys would recommend?
Attached Images

03-12-2016, 04:13 AM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

I've had the BBS LM style wheels on mine. I would suggest if you get wheels that the spokes don't go to the edge like the OEM's get 21's or they'll look small on the 6.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit
I've had the BBS LM style wheels on mine. I would suggest if you get wheels that the spokes don't go to the edge like the OEM's get 21's or they'll look small on the 6.
Cheers mate. Won't the ride be compromised with 21's tho?
      03-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandanbmw View Post
Going from 20 to 21, not very much. It really depends on the tires used. A bigger sidewall or at least the largest you could fit without rubbing would keep the ride quality good. with 22's and rubber bands for tires is where the problems come in.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit
Quote:
Going from 20 to 21, not very much. It really depends on the tires used. A bigger sidewall or at least the largest you could fit without rubbing would keep the ride quality good. with 22's and rubber bands for tires is where the problems come in.
Only thing with running 20's here in the Uk I cringe so much on our roads due to so many pot holes etc. So 21's could be pushing it too much. But as you say if I can have the same side wall size then it might be ok plus will be great to get the run flats off.
      03-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Seen these I like too
Attached Images

03-13-2016, 05:59 AM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Seen these I like too
out of all the wheels you posted this first one i like! i'm on 21's and yes, i have to watch out for potholes! do i regret it...not at all!!! 21's on a 6 series aesthetics wise, fits PERFECT!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #8
Rufus123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640

Hey dandan

Let me know if you sell you OEMs as I quiet like the look of them and want to upgrade my 19 inches

Cheers

Also my last car was a F01 7 series and I ran 21 inchers on that, with 30 and 35 profile run flat tyres, no probs on uk roads with them at all, so don't worry about larger wheels, the only pain is the replacement tyre costs, but in terms of comfort I didn't notice a difference between my 19 inch winters and the 21 inch summers really
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #9
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus123
Hey dandan

Let me know if you sell you OEMs as I quiet like the look of them and want to upgrade my 19 inches

Cheers

Also my last car was a F01 7 series and I ran 21 inchers on that, with 30 and 35 profile run flat tyres, no probs on uk roads with them at all, so don't worry about larger wheels, the only pain is the replacement tyre costs, but in terms of comfort I didn't notice a difference between my 19 inch winters and the 21 inch summers really
Thanks Rufus, I'll have a look at the 21's cheers.
And I'll be keeping the oem's as a spare set sorry bud.
      03-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #10
M6Havana
M6 f12 Havana
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 Cab

Love the judds mate. I get ADVs and others at trade money if u did want some
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #11
j_d_valle
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e30/bmw f13

20's vs 21's. Honestly you will only see a diference if you leave the suspension stock. 21's fill the stock wheel gap pretty good on stock height. But if you lower the car then it looks weird. Cause the bumpers are not really low in comparison to the ground but you have no wheel gap. Idk to me that just looks funky. I prefer 20's on a lowered car. No wheel gap and car looks nice and low. Either way, offset and how wide are the rims are more important that just that 1 inch diference.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #12
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_d_valle
20's vs 21's. Honestly you will only see a diference if you leave the suspension stock. 21's fill the stock wheel gap pretty good on stock height. But if you lower the car then it looks weird. Cause the bumpers are not really low in comparison to the ground but you have no wheel gap. Idk to me that just looks funky. I prefer 20's on a lowered car. No wheel gap and car looks nice and low. Either way, offset and how wide are the rims are more important that just that 1 inch diference.
Wish I could lower it a little but it's at the right height where I live as there are lots of nasty speed bumps and it will scrape them if any lower :-(
I'm sure with the right wheels 20's will look fine.
      03-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #13
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i xdrive GC

Quote:
Wish I could lower it a little but it's at the right height where I live as there are lots of nasty speed bumps and it will scrape them if any lower :-(
You can go 1inch lower. If it's not the xdrive, you can do coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 04:38 AM   #14
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce Martin
Quote:
You can go 1inch lower. If it's not the xdrive, you can do coilovers.
It's not a X drive. But where I live as standard it just goes over the speed humps without catching but if lowered it will catch.
      03-16-2016, 05:10 AM   #15
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_d_valle View Post
seriously, 21's look SWEET lowered!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 07:19 PM   #16
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
That looks awesome. What wheels are those?
      03-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #17
j_d_valle
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e30/bmw f13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
They do if you are on coils or on an ///M. Haha idk its just personal preference. On a narrow body 6 (non-m) 21's dont do it for me if its not on coilovers. But to each its own.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #18
wolverine566
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640i GC M-Sport Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
out of all the wheels you posted this first one i like! i'm on 21's and yes, i have to watch out for potholes! do i regret it...not at all!!! 21's on a 6 series aesthetics wise, fits PERFECT!
I'm on 21's as well, lowered an inch. Ride quality is about the same as the stock 20" run-flats, if not a little better. Running 295 / 25 in the rear and 255 / 30 in front. However, no one batted an eye-lid before, now every head on the road turns.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #19
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine566
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I'm on 21's as well, lowered an inch. Ride quality is about the same as the stock 20" run-flats, if not a little better. Running 295 / 25 in the rear and 255 / 30 in front. However, no one batted an eye-lid before, now every head on the road turns.
Have you got any pictures please? Be good to see