BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #1
P8HJN
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d GC M-Sport

My thoughts with 640d and TDi-Tuning CRTD4 tuning Box

After trolling every review on every BMW/Audi/VW/Porsche forum for tuning boxes, I had narrowed my selection down to Racechip ultimate, DTUK ultimate control tri channel box and TDi-tuning Tri-channel which was fitted yesterday.

I also spoke with Jason from CWchiptuning and Michael from JF Automotive who both gave convincing reasons why a remap is superior to a tuning box.
However, I think keeping my warranty is more important than feeling more g-forces in my backside.
I got impatient and called TDiTuning in Chelmsford to supply & fit tri channel box same day, all backed up with 30-day money back if not entirely happy
The initial test drive the box was put on level 4 out of 7 which to me, didn't feel any faster than standard, the installer then turned it up all the way, which felt 12/15% quicker than standard, the installer did say the car will change and adapt to the chip and should feel faster over next few miles, I have now done 100 miles.
their website suggests the car is making 376bhp with 539lb-ft

After spending £420.00, I'm not convinced it's been money well spent, have I been expecting too much?

Can I expect much of a difference with a remap? any other companies worth concidering around south east of england ?

Last edited by P8HJN; 02-23-2017 at 05:39 AM..
Appreciate 0