BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

iPhone 5/5S Snap-In Adapter Released

Saw the attached release detailing the release of the iPhone 5/5S Snap-In adapter. Checked with my dealer and was able to order the "Connect" version of adapter. Picked it up today. Important to note for everyone as captioned in the the attached release that it is currently only compatible with the new NBT version of Nav/iDrive (I think MY14, July '13 build and later for 6 Series). The "Music/Media" version listed for 2014 release is supposed to work with previous system.

Parts guy at dealer kept trying to talk me out of ordering and said he was certain it wouldn't do anything more than charge phone and I wouldn't be able to access content. He didn't seem to know that is true for previous system, but not for later builds with new nav. Finally had to tell him I would take my chances and please just process my order. Works great on new nav and had no problem accessing content, BMW Apps, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf iPhone 5 Adapter Bulletin.pdf (224.9 KB, 423 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
theatlkid
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i 2014

Did they install it for you...I have a 2014 and it has the old iphone 4s connector would they be able to install the new iphone 5 connector.
Appreciate 0