BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

09-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
flightz71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

2009 BMW M6 coupe SMG Space Gray / Black 40k miles **BRAND NEW MOTOR**

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 40,000.00

Item Interest
Hello fellow board members, for sale is my 2009 e63 BMW M6 coupe.

Price: $40k firm
Vin: WBSEH93599CY24920
Mileage: 40k
Clean Carfax

Space Gray Metallic
Merino Black Leather
7 speed SMG transmission
Enhanced Premium Sound
HUD
HD Radio
Sirius
Soft Close Doors
Carbon Fiber Trim
30% tint
Floor mats, Trunk Net
Two keys, Valet key, manual, recent records (old ones can be found in BMW's system) included.

Mods:
Custom Mangaflow midpipe and mufflers. OEM midpipe included with sale.

BMW Certified Pre Owned - CPO until December 2015
*** BRAND NEW BMW S85 motor, OEM clutch, starter, fuel injectors, spark plugs @ 39k miles. Installed by Stevens Creek BMW here in San Jose, California, have all the paperwork to show and pictures below***

Car is in immaculate condition. Paint is glossy, not a single dent, no scratches, minor chips if going over the car with a magnify glass. Previous owner was a fellow board member enthusiast who is a friend of mine. I bought this car in hopes to keep it for many years moving from the M3 world but it was the first non 6-spd car I had ever owned. I'm just an old school guy and no matter how great new age transmissions are, I find myself unsatisfied driving any performance/sports car that's not a 3 pedal.

With this said I ended up buying another BMW M6, but a stick shift and for obvious reasons do not need both M6's.

Unfortunately, or fortunately perhaps, the rod bearing in cylinder 5 gave out @ 39k miles for some odd reason. Personally I think it was due to the oil being old (about 9-10k miles), but well within BMW's service recommendation. Cylinder 5 lock up and shot into the spark plug cracking itself and the block. Happened @ 1st gear, 3k RPM, motor started ticking and cut in 10 seconds. Truly a silent killer.

After a month debacle, BMW installed literally a brand new motor (not re-manufactured!) into the car, along with a new starter, fuel injectors and spark plugs. Moreover I paid out of my own pocket to install a brand new clutch (OEM parts @ $900!!!) when the motor was out so new owner will have 0 headaches moving forward. In additional, there is still factory CPO warranty left until December NEXT year - it doesn't get better. Car has NOT been over 6k rpm with the new motor. ODO today sits at 40,0xx

There is ZERO reason why I would sell the car but the fact I just dislike SMG. All my friends who know me know how OCD I am about my cars:
There isn't a single problem with the car mechanically.
No service lights.
SMG drives as well as it can with the new clutch (much better engagement, no shuddering).
No creaking noises in cabin.
No suspension noises.
Services all up to date.
Mangaflow exhaust is subtle and clean, not obnoxious.

It kills me to let go of this car as it's much cleaner than my new 6-spd which I need to put a lot of work into, but that's just how much I love 3 pedal cars.

Only item of concern:
+ Needs new tires fairly soon (I put on a set of OEM rims with PS2's that need to be replaced in next 2-3k miles)

Pictures in ebay auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121445953809...84.m1555.l2649

Car is a beauty, must see it in person. I have bay area references on this forum that will vouch for me and the car too.

Please call or text 408-569-4076 if interested. Please do not contact me unless you are ready to buy, and have money in hand / finances ready. Sorry - just too busy for tire kickers.

Thank you,
Calvin

Appreciate 0