BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #1
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Fresh Wash

Fresh wash with brand new wheels. This car has never - ever - rolled this well. It's like a new car. I remember about four years ago when this one was in for warranty work, I had an X3 on loan, which I took to Palm Springs and back. I was really upset that it seemed to ride smoother than the six! But now I know why. My wheels have been bent since I bought the car (used). You can bet your M8 that I'll be checking the wheels on any car I buy in the future!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:52 PM   #2
FlyinLowSD
Tinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 640i GC,1994 300ZX MT 2+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
You can bet your M8 that I'll be checking the wheels on any car I buy in the future!
Awesome, Frupal! Enjoy those.
Do plan on checking those wheels anytime you’ve hit a pothole or taken a speed bump too hard or anything similar for that matter. Have been through heck with mine and hear nothing but how “soft“ BMW wheels are. Reputable wheel shop can repair anything they should and advise when they can’t/shouldn’t. (Shout out to The Wheel Shop in Riverside, CA. )
Appreciate 1
Frupal791.50
      Today, 12:01 PM   #3
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinLowSD View Post
Awesome, Frupal! Enjoy those.
Do plan on checking those wheels anytime you’ve hit a pothole or taken a speed bump too hard or anything similar for that matter. Have been through heck with mine and hear nothing but how “soft“ BMW wheels are. Reputable wheel shop can repair anything they should and advise when they can’t/shouldn’t. (Shout out to The Wheel Shop in Riverside, CA. )
Haha! Haven't hit any yet! But you can bet I'll be vigilant should I screw up.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:12 PM   #4
FlyinLowSD
Tinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 640i GC,1994 300ZX MT 2+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frupal View Post
Haha! Haven't hit any yet! But you can bet I'll be vigilant should I screw up.
Lucky! SoCal roads and freeways are horrible, littered with potholes every Feb-April! Vigilant is good!

Fresh wash really beautiful.

PS: I didn’t end up needing the grommets for the engine cover. I retrieved the cover from my dad’s garage where I had left it (oops), and actually found the grommets sitting on the engine!
Appreciate 0