BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
nvfis
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F06 M6 Competition

New M6 GC Owner Questions - CF Steering Wheel, Extended Paddles, Badging

Hey guys!

Excited new owner of a 2014 F06 M6 Comp.

I've got four questions:

1. How difficult is the CF Steering Wheel Trim to add? DIY possible? I found this one on eBay LINK, should I be looking at something more legit/OEM?

2. Same question in terms of DIY-possibility for the extended paddles LINK

3. The used M6 I bought is debadged. Where can I get a gloss black M6 emblem? This is the best one I can find but the ///M colors look odd...LINK

4. Going to daily drive this in Ohio (sometimes snow). Any suggestions in terms of snow tires? I was looking at Pirelli Sottozero.

- Former:
'13 BMW 535i xDrive M-Sport (Space Gray / Cinnamon Brown) https://imgur.com/ADMD7Fb
'12 Range Rover Sport HSE LUX (Santorini Black / Almond) https://imgur.com/xBi8IvF
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvfis View Post
Hey guys!

I've got four questions:

1. How difficult is the CF Steering Wheel Trim to add? DIY possible? I found this one on eBay LINK, should I be looking at something more legit/OEM?

3. The used M6 I bought is debadged. Where can I get a gloss black M6 emblem? This is the best one I can find but the ///M colors look odd...LINK

4. Going to daily drive this in Ohio (sometimes snow). Any suggestions in terms of snow tires? I was looking at Pirelli Sottozero.

If you are not familiar with how to remove the steering wheel and airbag I would let a shop do it.

For the extended shifters go with pedal haus

Steering wheel trim is easy once the airbag is out.

IND makes a nice black chrome M6 badge.

Can't help you with snow tires, I live in SoCal.

Have fun and enjoy that new beast!
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvfis View Post
Hey guys!

I've got four questions:

If you are not familiar with how to remove the steering wheel and airbag I would let a shop do it.

For the extended shifters go with pedal haus

Steering wheel trim is easy once the airbag is out.

IND makes a nice black chrome M6 badge.

Can't help you with snow tires, I live in SoCal.

Have fun and enjoy that new beast!
I have 21 inch sotto zeros on my 2012 750xi. Hands down the best winters you can buy. Mind you they are mounted on a 4 wheel drive car, so things may be a lot different on a rear wheel drive M6. I?ll be taking my car off the road come winter.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

I can only help with paddle extenders. I went with t-carbon. They make a bunch of stuff. It was around $110 I think for the pair. Simple install; clean back of paddles with rubbing alcohol to remove oil and contaminates. Peel film from double sided tape, press on paddle even and firmly from both sides. Can take a hair dryer to double sided tape after removing protective film to help it adhere a little better.

Oh also I would get another car for winter. I have an M6 gran coupe and the car is practically pointless in the rain (strictly from a performance aspect). Driving in snow would damn there be a death wish if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 05:35 PM   #5
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

The steering wheel trim is a DIY as long as you are comfortable removing the airbag. Just need a T20 torx to remove trim once the airbag is off.

We offer a Carbon fiber steering trim as well, fitment is spot on for it.

If you already have the steering wheel off then the paddles are very simple. What color are you looking for.

We have painted M6 emblems, we use the OEM core so the decal on there is exactly the same as the one from the factory.