Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #25
Edlogix
Rep
Drives: 2013 640i GC & 2011 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Edlogix,

Question for you, what year is your GC , '13 or '14? I see you got the M sport Pkg, and I thought that only came with the shadowline trim, but I see you have the chrome. Did it just come with chrome or did you special order it?
I ask because I plan to order a '14 650 coupe Sport edition and I want the chrome as well.
After reading your post, I started to pay more attention to the trim around the windows on the M sport version. I saw a couple of 2014 640i at the dealer, both with Msport and executive package and on both models there was n chrome around the windows. I also noticed that the rear door sunshades are now manual instead of the electric ones, I asked about and they told me that the electric ones are available for the 650 only
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
RussianVodka
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i GC

Congrats, she looks gorgeous

welcome to the club
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #27
mash11
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F06 GC & F15 X5

Garage List
Joining the GC club too

I too have just committed to joining the GC club and can't wait!

My wife and I visited our local BMW dealer in North Oxford with the intention of trading in her 2011 E70 X5 xDrive 30d SE for an new F15 X5 xDrive 40d M, which we did, however, while in the showroom I couldn't keep my eyes off the 6 series Gran Coupe.

Long story short - I'm now also trading in my E89 Z4 sDrive 35i and we've proudly got both anF15 and a 640d M Sport Gran Coupe on order.

We both wanted the Carbon Black (my wife won that battle) so my GC will be Tanzanite Blue instead.

So excited - both cars will be delivered on 1st March 2014 (date for 14 registration plates in the UK). March seems so far away!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #28
bmwjpn
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06

You both made that dealers day! 2 cars in one visit!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #29
mash11
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
The sales guy was smiling when we left him. Very nice guy!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #30
Edlogix
Rep
Drives: 2013 640i GC & 2011 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash11 View Post
I too have just committed to joining the GC club and can't wait!

My wife and I visited our local BMW dealer in North Oxford with the intention of trading in her 2011 E70 X5 xDrive 30d SE for an new F15 X5 xDrive 40d M, which we did, however, while in the showroom I couldn't keep my eyes off the 6 series Gran Coupe.

Long story short - I'm now also trading in my E89 Z4 sDrive 35i and we've proudly got both anF15 and a 640d M Sport Gran Coupe on order.

We both wanted the Carbon Black (my wife won that battle) so my GC will be Tanzanite Blue instead.

So excited - both cars will be delivered on 1st March 2014 (date for 14 registration plates in the UK). March seems so far away!
The GC In blue looks fantastic, but to be honest with you, you'll miss the Z4 (at least I do)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
Congrats! We're twins

krnnerdboy,

same question for you - did you request chrome trim with the M sport or did it just come standard?
Just standard. I honestly didn't do any research on this car. I went to go buy a 5gt and impulse purchased this.
What made you switch from the GT to GC? Besides the fact the GC is so beautiful I love that color.

I own a GT and I love the luxury and comfort, pretty much unbeatable in rear legroom besides the F02. Also, when modded and lowered, looks significantly better.

However, I'm thinking about moving to a GC next, just because the F10 is so common and I love everything about the GC, except for the rear of the interior. There is sufficient legroom, but nothing like the GT, and that extended center console is somewhat pointless but there are always sacrifices to be made. What do you guys think of your GCs?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #32
bmwjpn
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06

In the drivers seat - there are no sacrifices

I'm coming from an F11 - going to a GC was like going from a van to a sports car regarding the driving feel.

I am excited to drive again with the GC - the F11 didn't do that for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #33
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post
What made you switch from the GT to GC? ....
I own a GT and I love the luxury and comfort, pretty much unbeatable in rear legroom besides the F02.

However, I'm thinking about moving to a GC next, just because the F10 is so common and I love everything about the GC, except for the rear of the interior. There is sufficient legroom, but nothing like the GT,... What do you guys think of your GCs?

I moved from a 5GT that I absolutely loved to the 6 GC a few months ago. I did it because, as much as I absolutely loved the luxury, space and versatility of the 5GT, I missed the sporty driving characteristics of the 6GC. Its low and wide, looks absolutely fabulous, has a lot of character and presence without being utilitarian like the 5GT. What sealed it for me ultimately was the fact it drives much better than the 5GT as it's almost 400 kgs lighter (lower emissions and fuel consumption) without being an overt sports car - have something else for those thrills.

There is one thing I will say: take 3 or 4 extended test drives so you spec the car right: the stock 6GC is a dog and not worth twice the cost of the 5 Series but get the spec right and this car can have a stunning interior and exterior. The electronics are simply amazing.

Personally I think the 6GC looks great when you specify the Matt aluminium chrome trim (replacing shadow line or the standard chrome trim) and it is a no-cost option on the M Sport in the UK but few dealers know it until you point it out. It really lifts the swooping coupe lines of the car, especially on dark colours.

Current: 2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE + 2018 AMG GT-C Coupe + 2013 6 Series BMW GranCoupe (October)
Retired: 2016 AMG-GTS Coupe, 2013 & 2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale,2016 3-Series Touring, 2009 5 Series GT, 2007 BMW M5, 2012 & 2006 BMW 1 Series
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #34
mash11
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
the stock 6GC is a dog and not worth twice the cost of the 5 Series but get the spec right and this car can have a stunning interior and exterior. The electronics are simply amazing.
Hi SpokenHands - I'm a bit worried that you think the 6GC is a dog without the right spec. What do you consider the right spec?

I've got a GC on order which goes into production in the next few weeks. I've signed up for the following spec...
  • F06 640d M Sport Gran Coupe (UK Spec - Z06B)
  • Tanzanite Blue (X10), Cinnamon Brown Dakota Leather (LCEZ)
  • American Oak trim (4CV)
  • Matt Aluminium external trim (3MB)
  • Standard M Sport UK pack incl. 19" 351M alloy wheels (2ND), Sport Seats (481) etc.
  • Adaptive Drive (2VA)
  • Comfort Access (322)
  • Adaptive LED headlights (552) incl. High beam assistant (5AC)
  • Driving Assistant Plus (5AT)
  • Professional Loudspeakers (677)
  • Sun Protection glass (761)

Anything that I might regret?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #35
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands
Quote:
What made you switch from the GT to GC? ....
I own a GT and I love the luxury and comfort, pretty much unbeatable in rear legroom besides the F02.

However, I'm thinking about moving to a GC next, just because the F10 is so common and I love everything about the GC, except for the rear of the interior. There is sufficient legroom, but nothing like the GT,... What do you guys think of your GCs?

I moved from a 5GT that I absolutely loved to the 6 GC a few months ago. I did it because, as much as I absolutely loved the luxury, space and versatility of the 5GT, I missed the sporty driving characteristics of the 6GC. Its low and wide, looks absolutely fabulous, has a lot of character and presence without being utilitarian like the 5GT. What sealed it for me ultimately was the fact it drives much better than the 5GT as it's almost 400 kgs lighter (lower emissions and fuel consumption) without being an overt sports car - have something else for those thrills.

There is one thing I will say: take 3 or 4 extended test drives so you spec the car right: the stock 6GC is a dog and not worth twice the cost of the 5 Series but get the spec right and this car can have a stunning interior and exterior. The electronics are simply amazing.

Personally I think the 6GC looks great when you specify the Matt aluminium chrome trim (replacing shadow line or the standard chrome trim) and it is a no-cost option on the M Sport in the UK but few dealers know it until you point it out. It really lifts the swooping coupe lines of the car, especially on dark colours.
I will probably be getting used, any options you highly recommend?

Also, how is interior space compared to the GT? Is the rear legroom a lot less?

My GT felt a lot sportier with the H&R springs, I can't imagine how amazing the GC must feel, not to mention one on lowering springs.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #36
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi SpokenHands - I'm a bit worried that you think the 6GC is a dog without the right spec. What do you consider the right spec?

I've got a GC on order which goes into production in the next few weeks...
Anything that I might regret?
Specification is very much to suit personal taste but I found some small, relatively inexpensive options really lift the driving experience
1) Heated Steering Wheel
2) Heated Rear Seats
3) Multifunction Digital Instrument Display

You have already picked the Sun Protection Glass

There are 3 relatively more expensive options that I would strongly recommend
1) Electric sunroof (vents, tilts, cabin is quite dark and small with the low glass house and this gives it some airiness and sense of space.
2) Surround View (car this long and wide, very easy to kerb those lovely wheels, surprised how often I NEED these in multi-storey car parks and tight spaces)
3) Head-Up Display. the latest full colour version integrated with the media, sat nav and other functions is fantastic and worth every ££ - more so with the Driving Assistant Plus you've already specified.

You have already specked the adaptive LED headlamps with high beam assist which is safer, brighter white light, and makes the car look so much sharper than the xenons.

Things I wouldn't personally spec
1) Adaptive Drive: worth it if you drive in different road conditions and actually expect to change settings, or if you're coming to BMW from another brand and find the M Sport too hard, in reality you will find the standard experience modes Comfort/Sport/Sport+ good in the UK normal driving and I tend to be in Sport mode mostly anyway. I would swap this for Surround View in a flash!

In my humble opinion
Tanzanite Blue is a stunning colour that would look brilliant wIth an Ivory White leather interior, or the Black leather interior with the cross stitching. Cinnamon Brown on a Blue isn't an ideal combination, and from advice I had, hard to sell on in the UK at trade in time with further dropping values. Of course if you like it, just go for it!

Hope this helps, yours is going to be a stunning car when built.

Current: 2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE + 2018 AMG GT-C Coupe + 2013 6 Series BMW GranCoupe (October)
Retired: 2016 AMG-GTS Coupe, 2013 & 2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale,2016 3-Series Touring, 2009 5 Series GT, 2007 BMW M5, 2012 & 2006 BMW 1 Series
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #37
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I will probably be getting used, any options you highly recommend?
Aside from the post here, These links should help
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792880
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...=875541&page=3

Quote:
Also, how is interior space compared to the GT? Is the rear legroom a lot less?
The rear legroom is surprisingly good for a coupe sized sedan, and on par with the 5 series, it's the headroom that could be a problem for a tall passenger in the middle seat ( a short journey option only, in any case, sitting astride the centre console. Very awkward.)

Fantastic interior design with Nappa leather trimmed dashboard, contrast stitching, simplified AC controls, and lovely details and brighter ambient lighting. The interior space is relatively smaller than the GT, you sit a lot lower but as it is a wide car, it feels big and luxurious. For the first few weeks, the running joke in the family was how getting in and out of the car relatively elegantly (as opposed to looking like a duck hatching) is impossible because of the low, low floor pan and seats set even lower. Eventually you find your way but if you have a bad back, may not be quite so easy.

The glasshouse can be dark, especially with the dark m sport headlining so an electric sunroof brightens things up especially in our dark UK winters.

Quote:
My GT felt a lot sportier with the H&R springs, I can't imagine how amazing the GC must feel, not to mention one on lowering springs.
After driving the huge, tall, heavy 5GT for 4 years and loving its high speed stability on the motorway; the low, wide, relatively lighter 6 GC feels quicker, dynamic, sportier in a grand touring fashion. This is not a lithe sports car but it is plenty fast. If you want sportiness, get the M4 for 6GC money

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #38
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I have DSB which isn't far from Tanzanite and it works great with the CB (Nappa) interior on my coupe. Although Dakota does have a slightly different appearence and quality to it than Nappa.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #39
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Aside from the post here, These links should help
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792880
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...=875541&page=3

The rear legroom is surprisingly good for a coupe sized sedan, and on par with the 5 series, it's the headroom that could be a problem for a tall passenger in the middle seat ( a short journey option only, in any case, sitting astride the centre console. Very awkward.)

Fantastic interior design with Nappa leather trimmed dashboard, contrast stitching, simplified AC controls, and lovely details and brighter ambient lighting. The interior space is relatively smaller than the GT, you sit a lot lower but as it is a wide car, it feels big and luxurious. For the first few weeks, the running joke in the family was how getting in and out of the car relatively elegantly (as opposed to looking like a duck hatching) is impossible because of the low, low floor pan and seats set even lower. Eventually you find your way but if you have a bad back, may not be quite so easy.

The glasshouse can be dark, especially with the dark m sport headlining so an electric sunroof brightens things up especially in our dark UK winters.

After driving the huge, tall, heavy 5GT for 4 years and loving its high speed stability on the motorway; the low, wide, relatively lighter 6 GC feels quicker, dynamic, sportier in a grand touring fashion. This is not a lithe sports car but it is plenty fast. If you want sportiness, get the M4 for 6GC money
Thanks for all your help. Looking forward to crossing over to one of these next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #40
mash11
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In my humble opinion
Tanzanite Blue is a stunning colour that would look brilliant wIth an Ivory White leather interior, or the Black leather interior with the cross stitching. Cinnamon Brown on a Blue isn't an ideal combination, and from advice I had, hard to sell on in the UK at trade in time with further dropping values. Of course if you like it, just go for it!
Thanks for your insight and feedback - I've just changed my order. I've swapped to the Ivory White leather and also added the Surround View to my spec.

I already had some doubts whether I was doing the right thing with the Cinnamon Brown . I wasn't keen on black, as it would be very dark and you loose the contrast with the rest of the trim. I was worried about the Ivory White carpets getting dirty and seats getting marked.

My current Z4 has beige leather seats which have got discoloured from jeans and alike. I think some of that has happened because the car is low, the doors need a lot of space to open wide and I've ended up sliding down the edge of the seat to get in. I'll try not to do that in the GC!

The GC is big, so the Surround View seems like a very sensible option. Thanks!

A lot of the reviews I've read say the adaptive drive is a necessary addition to the GC. I'm not sure if that's true, but have stuck with it. When my wife is in the car I suspect I'll have it in comfort + mode and then sports when I'm alone!

I've resisted your other suggestions as the list price is already over £80k. Okay the current dealer discounts and 0% APR help a lot, but I have to stop somewhere!!!

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #41
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for your insight and feedback - I've just changed my order. I've swapped to the Ivory White leather ... I was worried about the Ivory White carpets getting dirty and seats getting marked.

My current Z4 has beige leather seats which have got discoloured from jeans and alike. I think some of that has happened because the car is low, the doors need a lot of space to open wide and I've ended up sliding down the edge of the seat to get in. I'll try not to do that in the GC

Thanks again.

You and Dinan are very welcome!

I cancelled the Supaguard treatment (£495) I found the dealer had quietly added to my invoice, and instead took my car to Midlands Car Care (find them on Facebook) in Walsall who have a stunning and highly recommended New Car Protection package: Modesta BC-05 Glass Coating on the bodywork and alloys (amazingly clean for weeks!), G1techniq glass costing for the windows, T1techniq for black tyres, and a nanotechnology interior detailing package designed to protect Ivory White / beige leather and carpets from dye transfer and snow/water/shoe stains.

MCC are car detailing experts par excellence, theiy have amazing attention to detail and highly respected among UK car detailing shops, and what can I say about the package: It works and is the best £350 I have spent on an after sales detailing offer, warranties to last for 2 years. Amazing beading, water flies off the bodywork, windscreen, alloys; and the beige carpets and Ivory seats are box fresh!

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #42
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

You know I never considered red, thought it might look cheap but that looks the Business!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #43
Primo18
Registered
Rep
Drives: 640GC Msport

Frustrated

I am awaiting my 2014GC Msport deep sea blue with canyon brown marino and white ash. My dealership told me because of the special leather/wood that it wouldn't be manufactured until Feb. for March delivery. I'm wondering why it takes so long and if I should wait for a 2015 model. I think they to into production in March? Congrats on your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #44
Primo18
Registered
Rep
Drives: 640GC Msport

I still don't have a production#. How long should this normally take? I submitted my order 2+ weeks ago.
Appreciate 0