BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
His4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Finally the JB4 is outside / my experince

Hello guys,
I would like to tell you my experience with the JB4:

After i get the JB4 in my M6 F13 my car had everytime issues by full load (misfire Cylinder 1 & 6, Injector issues, the Engine run to lean, white spargs ).
The german Support from BMS tell me to change the coils and spargs, what i did. but i had the same issues after put new.

After desperation I decidet to get the Box out of my car and do a reasonable ecu tune. I chose Manhart, because i heard only positive about them and the tuner is in the same city where i stay. (In Germany)

Now my M6 run without issues and a lot of power. Before i get the JB4 i heard a lot of negative experince about tuning boxes and now i can confirm it! Thats the first time that a put a tuning box in my car and i will never put a box in my cars again. Only ecu tune !!!

And the Clutch does not slip anymore. I'm so happy to drive my m6 without problems.

Sorry for my bad english but i wanted to tell you guys my experince with a tuning box.

Last edited by His4; 04-28-2017 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 02:45 AM   #2
KSA.m6
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 14 GC frozen grey & 21 M2C

Garage List
  [0.00]
those open highways are calling,,,

That's where i first fell in love (with an m6) and would love to go back there someday

ENJOY
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 04:43 AM   #3
His4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA.m6 View Post
those open highways are calling,,,

That's where i first fell in love (with an m6) and would love to go back there someday

ENJOY
Yes, the one & only country, where you can overtake a policecar with 300+ Kp/h
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Congrats on awakening the beast! I'm glad you went with a full ECU tune... my experience with the JB4 was very similar to yours and I too got rid of it within a weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
kennis827
Private
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by His4 View Post
Hello guys,
I would like to tell you my experience with the JB4:

After i get the JB4 in my M6 F13 my car had everytime issues by full load (misfire Cylinder 1 & 6, Injector issues, the Engine run to lean, white spargs ).
The german Support from BMS tell me to change the coils and spargs, what i did. but i had the same issues after put new.

After desperation I decidet to get the Box out of my car and do a reasonable ecu tune. I chose Manhart, because i heard only positive about them and the tuner is in the same city where i stay. (In Germany)

Now my M6 run without issues and a lot of power. Before i get the JB4 i heard a lot of negative experince about tuning boxes and now i can confirm it! Thats the first time that a put a tuning box in my car and i will never put a box in my cars again. Only ecu tune !!!

And the Clutch does not slip anymore. I'm so happy to drive my m6 without problems.

Sorry for my bad english but i wanted to tell you guys my experince with
Hi man! How about putting map0 which means jb4 disabled are you still get those errors? Or when u have the box connected still have the same issue woth map0?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
His4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurohorses View Post
Congrats on awakening the beast! I'm glad you went with a full ECU tune... my experience with the JB4 was very similar to yours and I too got rid of it within a weeks.
Thanks 😉👍
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 05:15 PM   #7
His4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennis827 View Post
Hi man! How about putting map0 which means jb4 disabled are you still get those errors? Or when u have the box connected still have the same issue woth map0?
Hi,
At map0 there wasn't any errors. Car drives normally.
Only when i put map1 or map2, then the issues comes.

I advise you, to get a ecu tune. A lot of people said the same to me, before i install the box. And now i regret it!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #8
kennis827
Private
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by His4 View Post
Hi,
At map0 there wasn't any errors. Car drives normally.
Only when i put map1 or map2, then the issues comes.

I advise you, to get a ecu tune. A lot of people said the same to me, before i install the box. And now i regret it!
hey which city of germany do you live? i think that people living in high altitude places could get less power using jb4, since adding psi on places with less dense air (means less oxygen) will just reduce the power.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #9
My13M6
Theo
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 coupe

Hi there,
I have installed jb4 on mine m6 f13 and no issues so far, after I replaced spark plugs and coils. Before the replacement I had the same issue as you (misfire cylinder 7) and loosing power.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #10
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650I

I had the same issue on my 650I afew months after my JB4 install. After plugs and coils were replaced I haven't reinstalled it. Maybe it is all related?
Appreciate 0