BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Just picked up my new play toy.

Here are a few pics till I have time to settle down and take some more.
Attached Images

Last edited by PrecisionP; 11-13-2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Added more pics2 11-9-2012
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Nick45
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6, 2016 x5m,2019 m5

Looks amazing.. Congratss
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

gorgeous combo, congrats!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
6th BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: BMWs

looks great - good job on the inside. it seems hard to get that right using computer aided photos, but you did a good job!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks. The piano black is so sexy but it is definitely gonna give me grey hairs to keep clean.
      10-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Radamez
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 XDrive / Imperial Blu

She's PURDY!!!
      10-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
kingoyejordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert

She is a beauty mate... See you are rocking the B&O system as well. Tell us all about it in a couple of weeks will ya
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Congrats, she's beautiful!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

If anybody that reads this is debating on getting the standard leather package or a full leather package I recommend the full. I'm not sure how many cows were sacrificed for the cause but PETA would not be happy. I would say about 90% of the interior is leather, front and back is leather.
      10-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #10
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoyejordan View Post
She is a beauty mate... See you are rocking the B&O system as well. Tell us all about it in a couple of weeks will ya
The B&O is a great system for the M6. Of course no one will say it's worth $3700, even myself. I'm always used to ripping out factory systems and rewiring/installing my own and you can get a alot of SQ and SQL for that coin. But if you don't want to mess with any of that and want to enjoy a great system out of the box, I would say tick the mark. I haven't heard the standard system so I can't compare apples to oranges, but I am pleased with the sound. I haven't tried direct CD sources but have used mp3's of variable sound quality. With just like any other electronic device if your source material has distortion, when you add 16 speakers and 1200 watts, you will amplify the distortion as well. The aesthetics is a plus if you are into that sort of thing. My goal was to get a car that I could run with the stallions when I felt like having fun while also feel like i stepped into my own little world when I opened the door and just went on a cruise. This was the reason I went with the individual leather and B&O.
      10-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #11
6fws
Rep
Drives: M6

Looking great

So does your car have the new iDrive system?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #12
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fws View Post
Looking great

So does your car have the new iDrive system?
Nope it does not. I thought it would by earlier reports but that is not the case. I think it is updated from the "last generation" of idrive (this is my first bimmer) but it is not the fancy one with all the 3D and slick interface.
      10-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #13
6fws
Rep

Oh that's too bad, I was really looking forward to it myself

Well, what can you do about it
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #14
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh that's too bad, I was really looking forward to it myself

Well, what can you do about it
I know right. I had my hopes up as well. I just wish they put out a price list soon of how much it's gonna cost for the retrofit. Besides the connected drive the hardware gets upgraded and i'm guessing the HUD hardware as well. The color NAV on the windhield has to be awesome in person because the current one is definitely one of the features I like.
      10-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #15
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Very nice color combination. I know you were taking a hard look at the sport seats but those seats are awesome and very comfortable. Enjoy the ride and sound.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster View Post
Very nice color combination. I know you were taking a hard look at the sport seats but those seats are awesome and very comfortable. Enjoy the ride and sound.
Thanks. I was just helping the person distinguish the two. I wouldn't want any other seats with all the adjustments, it's fun just playing with them. haha I'm actually getting the interior treated right now so I hope they hold up with all the detailed stitching in them.
      10-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #17
6fws
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
I know right. I had my hopes up as well. I just wish they put out a price list soon of how much it's gonna cost for the retrofit. Besides the connected drive the hardware gets upgraded and i'm guessing the HUD hardware as well. The color NAV on the windhield has to be awesome in person because the current one is definitely one of the features I like.
I personally doubt that there will be any retrofit options since this is more than just a software thing.

The HUD should actually be state of the art (multi-color) in the current F13 M6. Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I personally doubt that there will be any retrofit options since this is more than just a software thing.

The HUD should actually be state of the art (multi-color) in the current F13 M6. Am I missing something?
It has red/yellow and crisp details. But I think they added more contrast and amount of things displayed at once. Also with the sign reading and such with it tied to the camera, I don't think the current gen can display such info. I'm hoping its just, cpu/main board swap, harddrive, and HUD screen and that all should be able to be swapped out. Oh and the camera in the rearview
      10-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #19
TBB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 640d GC

Looks really great and so classy....Congrats on your interior/exterior combo choice..

Btw I do really wonder about the back seats space..Do you think 4 passangers can travel in this car? Do back seats have enough space?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
kingoyejordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert

I hear you. I didn't think much of it until my salesman sat me in a 650 coupe and played HD radio and I heard that thing in concert. It was incredible. All said... I did check the box. The only option I went back and forth on was 19"s or 20"s and one post on this forum put me back in the 20's. I am a week 45 baby... so I am waiting anxiously.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #21
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBB View Post
Looks really great and so classy....Congrats on your interior/exterior combo choice..

Btw I do really wonder about the back seats space..Do you think 4 passangers can travel in this car? Do back seats have enough space?
I just did the ED on September 17 M6 convert. in Sakhir Orange. My wife and 2 grown kids went along. We are average size folks (whatever that means) but we drove over 1000 miles in Germany and traded the back seats occasionally. The ride was actually very comfortable compared to my previous M6 (E63). We were also able to fit 4 carry on luggage and 4 small bags in the trunk. Tight fit, but it worked. So, yes, the ride was comfortable for 4. See pictures.
Hope this helps with your question.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #22
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBB View Post

Thanks. I'm waiting on to get it back so I can take pics in sunlight of the inside and out.

I as well was concerned about back seat space. Not that I carry 3 people alot, but just to know in a pinch could I transport someone. Looking at the measurements of the back area it is pretty much similar to an S5, my previous car. I was about to get back there with a little yoga action, but once locked in, it's not horrible. The M6 i think I could do an hr back there at any one time but I am 6' 210. The main problem for anyone 6' and above is headroom. I jumped in the back and had a friend get in the driver seat. I llet it back as far as I felt comfortable, just touching my ankles. He is about 5'6" and had some room to spare in the driver pod. So it seems about 5'10" Fr/Bk average height should be fine. I didn't play with the passenger side yet, but the angled dash kind of rooms some space that you would think would be there.