BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
jeknhyde
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 14 conv; RR KAHN 4.4, uber

Smile M6 Ceramic Break squeal fix

I think I may have found a solution to the squeaky M6 F12 ceramics that have plagued me [ along with a creaky drivers seat ]
Basically I now never use the electrically activated handbrake when I park on a flat road surface. I am assuming the handbrake activates the break pads to seal with the rotors and creates some residue/surface reaction which then produces the squeal when braking - especially when it is around town at low speeds. Up until now i would only get rid of the noise after washing the wheels or after an aggressive series of braking manoeuvres on the highway.

I have tried this for 3 weeks in all weather conditions and so far the brakes are blissfully silent.

Hope others will find this helpful
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #2
hypnotik126
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeknhyde View Post
I think I may have found a solution to the squeaky M6 F12 ceramics that have plagued me [ along with a creaky drivers seat ]
Basically I now never use the electrically activated handbrake when I park on a flat road surface. I am assuming the handbrake activates the break pads to seal with the rotors and creates some residue/surface reaction which then produces the squeal when braking - especially when it is around town at low speeds. Up until now i would only get rid of the noise after washing the wheels or after an aggressive series of braking manoeuvres on the highway.

I have tried this for 3 weeks in all weather conditions and so far the brakes are blissfully silent.

Hope others will find this helpful

what did you do to get rid of the creaky drivers seat?
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2016, 04:32 AM   #3
jeknhyde
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 14 conv; RR KAHN 4.4, uber

Turn the music up 😋
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 05:22 AM   #4
IM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

hi Jekynhyde
I also have the same problem with my ceramic brakes on m6, spoke to the dealer and He said BMW have circulated a bulletin on the issue as it is commonly known to them. no solution given so far.
Appreciate 0