BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i xdrive GC

Chassis Light.

I have a 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe Xdrive. Recently I caught a flat on the freeway but I pulled over immediately. I have the original BMW M5 wheels on it, they've never gave me any issue and this will be 8 months that they're on.

A tow truck came and was pulling my car from the rear wheel, it wasn't a flat bed. Since then all the lights on the dashboard pops up. I brought my car to BMW and they're saying because of the staggered wheels that's why the lights are coming on and they can't honor the repair.

Have anyone been through this before? Do I really needa repair done or is there something else that needs to be done?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce Martin View Post
I have a 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe Xdrive. Recently I caught a flat on the freeway but I pulled over immediately. I have the original BMW M5 wheels on it, they've never gave me any issue and this will be 8 months that they're on.

A tow truck came and was pulling my car from the rear wheel, it wasn't a flat bed. Since then all the lights on the dashboard pops up. I brought my car to BMW and they're saying because of the staggered wheels that's why the lights are coming on and they can't honor the repair.

Have anyone been through this before? Do I really needa repair done or is there something else that needs to be done?
If you didn't destroy the gear boxes or transmission, drive the car and the sensors should reset. You should however trade in the car for a Mazda Miata for allowing your ALL WHEEL DRIVE car to be towed by a tow truck that was not a flatbed.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
If you didn't destroy the gear boxes or transmission, drive the car and the sensors should reset. You should however trade in the car for a Mazda Miata for allowing your ALL WHEEL DRIVE car to be towed by a tow truck that was not a flatbed.
Quite right!!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 01:46 AM   #4
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ummmm, I requested a flatbed and was told that one would be sent and I was already at the tire shop awaiting the arrival of the car. When it came in that's when I seen that jerk coming in with my car towed incorrectly!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 01:47 AM   #5
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWnyc View Post
Quite right!!
Quite wrong!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #6
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ummmm, I requested a flatbed and was told that one would be sent and I was already at the tire shop awaiting the arrival of the car. When it came in that's when I seen that jerk coming in with my car towed incorrectly!
So you weren't there to watch your own car get towed? You just left it in the middle of the street and bounced? Stop lying dude. I see a red Miata in your future.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 05:25 PM   #7
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So you weren't there to watch your own car get towed? You just left it in the middle of the street and bounced? Stop lying dude. I see a red Miata in your future.
The night I caught the flat a flatbed towed my car to my home, the following morning I had to the get the car from my home to the tire shop which is 3 miles away. The tire shop closed in the next 20mins, I called a tow truck and requested a flatbed and left the car unlocked with the key in the cup holder. I did that so I wouldn't be denied service for coming after they're closed.

You're really stupid for thinking i would leave my car on the freeway.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 05:33 PM   #8
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The night I caught the flat a flatbed towed my car to my home, the following morning I had to the get the car from my home to the tire shop which is 3 miles away. The tire shop closed in the next 20mins, I called a tow truck and requested a flatbed and left the car unlocked with the key in the cup holder. I did that so I wouldn't be denied service for coming after they're closed.

You're really stupid for thinking i would leave my car on the freeway.
Yeah I'm stupid, but you had your ALL WHEEL DRIVE car towed by a pull type tow truck without being there to confirm it. Hey dumbass, who gave the tow truck driver the keys? Your momma? GTFOH with your lies, child!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 12:06 AM   #9
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I'm stupid, but you had your ALL WHEEL DRIVE car towed by a pull type tow truck without being there to confirm it. Hey dumbass, who gave the tow truck driver the keys? Your momma? GTFOH with your lies, child!
Someone's upset because they're stupid. Since you found out my age and seeing that I have this car, you've been trying your hardest to have the most ignorant things to say about me then using my age against me,

You GTFOH, get over yourself and get a new hobby. This one doesn't suit you.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 03:11 AM   #10
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Someone's upset because they're stupid. Since you found out my age and seeing that I have this car, you've been trying your hardest to have the most ignorant things to say about me then using my age against me,

You GTFOH, get over yourself and get a new hobby. This one doesn't suit you.
There is definitely something defective with that brain of yours. Another reason to get into a Miata, the 6 is simply too much car for you, and you proved it by having it towed on the wrong truck and then trying to cover up your irresponsibility in regards to the matter. Lastly I could care less about your age, my family was doing very well when I was your age so I have no hard feelings about a parent spoiling their child even though these days, I wear your 6 on my wrist kiddo. The moral of this story, grow up and learn to take better care of your things.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 10:05 AM   #11
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is definitely something defective with that brain of yours. Another reason to get into a Miata, the 6 is simply too much car for you, and you proved it by having it towed on the wrong truck and then trying to cover up your irresponsibility in regards to the matter. Lastly I could care less about your age, my family was doing very well when I was your age so I have no hard feelings about a parent spoiling their child even though these days, I wear your 6 on my wrist kiddo. The moral of this story, grow up and learn to take better care of your things.
The only difference between us two is that I grew up in a single parent home and at your age my 6 should be on your wrist because it would be embarrassing if it wasn't. I actually worked hard and saved most of the money I was getting paid from 17-22 and financed my 6er my friend. I didn't grow up as privelaged as you. I turn 23 next month and I just got the car in November.

I just didn't think people wouldn't follow orders so when I say send a flatbed that's what I expected. Now I know the cash means more than customer satisfaction to some business. Next time I know how to handle it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #12
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The only difference between us two is that I grew up in a single parent home and at your age my 6 should be on your wrist because it would be embarrassing if it wasn't. I actually worked hard and saved most of the money I was getting paid from 17-22 and financed my 6er my friend. I didn't grow up as privelaged as you. I turn 23 next month and I just got the car in November.

I just didn't think people wouldn't follow orders so when I say send a flatbed that's what I expected. Now I know the cash means more than customer satisfaction to some business. Next time I know how to handle it.
Sometimes I just have to sit back and remember, I'm talking to a child. Good luck with your car, and life. Also do not eat rocks, they are bad for you. Green light means go and red means stop. You can't spin just one set of wheels on an AWD car. Some good life lessons so you can develop properly and one day afford a six on the wrist, cause like you said, if you can't it's embarrassing so i hope you move past this sad time in your life.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #13
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sometimes I just have to sit back and remember, I'm talking to a child. Good luck with your car, and life. Also do not eat rocks, they are bad for you. Green light means go and red means stop. You can't spin just one set of wheels on an AWD car. Some good life lessons so you can develop properly and one day afford a six on the wrist, cause like you said, if you can't it's embarrassing so i hope you move past this sad time in your life.
Just proves to me how stupid you really are. Ignorance is the first thing a arrogant person turns to.

I guess you're telling me this from your life experiences. Some people just have to work harder than others, something you don't seem to understand. Looks to me that you're the child here.

By your age, I'll be affording much more than a 6 on my wrist my friend.

F.Y.I The car is repaired and it was just the sensors.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #14
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just proves to me how stupid you really are. Ignorance is the first thing a arrogant person turns to.

I guess you're telling me this from your life experiences. Some people just have to work harder than others, something you don't seem to understand. Looks to me that you're the child here.

By your age, I'll be affording much more than a 6 on my wrist my friend.

F.Y.I The car is repaired and it was just the sensors.
Good job baby boy, your ignorance did not destroy the used 6 that someone else got for you. Pat yourself on the back. Get off my watches d!ck and stop comparing yourself to someone like me, you will come up short every time. And don't talk about what you might have one day, you sound like a loser who is window shopping on someone who has already done it. When I say a six on the wrist I don't think you even know what that means, you're actually that dumb it seems.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 06:35 PM   #15
drmlee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F06 650i

if all this is really happened, i would have just taken the wheel off at home and brought the loose wheel to the tire shop. usually tow truck drivers without flat beds, know to use dollys on these types of cars, so that both axles are completely lifted off the ground.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 03:41 AM   #16
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good job baby boy, your ignorance did not destroy the used 6 that someone else got for you. Pat yourself on the back. Get off my watches d!ck and stop comparing yourself to someone like me, you will come up short every time. And don't talk about what you might have one day, you sound like a loser who is window shopping on someone who has already done it. When I say a six on the wrist I don't think you even know what that means, you're actually that dumb it seems.
The sad part is that you actually believe the things you say, ignorance is bliss. You're not even worth a response. Please, work on your grammar before addressing me my friend.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 03:45 AM   #17
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmlee View Post
if all this is really happened, i would have just taken the wheel off at home and brought the loose wheel to the tire shop. usually tow truck drivers without flat beds, know to use dollys on these types of cars, so that both axles are completely lifted off the ground.
I guess I was just unlucky in that case. I should've done that instead but I didn't have any materials to do so and the hardware store is 25mins (drive) from my home.

I'm over it now the car is back in good shape.
Appreciate 0