BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #23
F06M6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6 GC SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salottox5m View Post
Congrats on the car! I'm considering a 2014-2015 M6 GC as well (or the X5M)...

I LOVE the look of the Ceramic Brakes... however they scare me bc of the costs... my own BMW Service Manager says to stay away!! but i never listen to just 1 perosn and instead want to form my own opinion... so your thoughts on the Brakes?

Did you get them checked prior to purchase?
the expected Life of them or the actual life as they have been out for few years nbow?
Do you feel it will hurt the resale of your car -2,3,4 years down the road? Bc that car in 4 years may be a $25k car with $17k brakes?

I'm really want ceramics IF i go the M6GC route -- but I just want to make sure my service advisor is wrong

your thoughts please!
This is something I definitely did take into consideration before buying the car. I usually keep my cars for 100k miles or about 6 years (My E60 M5 has 128k miles). So the brakes will need changing at some point in my ownership. There are kits available to change the carbon ceramic rotors for steel brakes at around $3k. Which isn't horrendous IMO. However over time I would expect this cost to lower as more and more people purchase these kits due to the uneconomical cost of replacing CCB's.
I may even consider keeping this car for 2-3 years because the kids will be off to university soon and I won't have a need for the extra space (School run etc.) So selling the car after this amount of time hopefully should't hurt resale with the CCB's.

In all fairness though I was skeptical about the brakes but they have far exceeded my expectations and even on street use they are brilliant! Plus I win bragging rights at the pub

I actually considered an X5M too, I took it for a test drive and it is a brilliant car but you really do feel the weight when comparing it to the M5/M6's. Also after seeing the San Marino Blue colour in person you just can't help but fall in love with the M6GC
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #24
Warrior75
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 m6 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by My13M6 View Post
Congratulation!
I just got mine too..
Congrats bro. Enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #25
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

ahh I never thought of that -- replaced pads and rotors would be $3k whether they have the stock BMW ones or aftermarket -- excellent point!

i'm going for the CC Brakes now can't beat the look either!
      04-14-2017, 07:17 AM   #26
F06M6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My13M6 View Post
Congratulation!
I just got mine too..
Nice! Where are the pics though?!! You can't leave us without any!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #27
F06M6
Enlisted Member
Rep

M performance spoiler.

Received my M performance spoiler yesterday. Huge thanks to Rob at JCT600 BMW for his help and the great price

Didn't waste any time and had it professionally fitted the same day.
I think it really finishes the rear end nicely, it's not too over the top but nice and discreet.
Apologies for the horrible background. We're at the final stages of building/landscaping our new house.

I really like how it ties in the carbon diffuser and the carbon roof

And I was pleasantly surprised that it carried on the crease along the body work, really makes it look sharp.

So I absolutely love my new spoiler but now I need to source a good used Akrapovic/M performance exhaust system.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #28
kevin31
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Nice car, congrats, and welcome to the forum
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #29
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior75 View Post
Congratulations bro!!! Huge difference between this and the previous EXX. I definitely miss 2 things, that glorious sound of the V10, and that I will always miss, and of course, 6 speed, which I miss terribly. Having a manual, a true manual, makes this into a completely different car. No matter how good the performance is, I still prefer the true manual. Not having it definitely takes some of the fun out of it for me. I'd gladly sacrifice some of that performance for that 3rd pedal. Regardless, I still love it and have no regrets. At least my girl can drive it if she chooses to.

Great color choice BTW. I have the same and its absolutely stunning. I receive so many compliments on the color. Not too many people know what an M is, but everyone knows that color.

Best of luck with her and enjoy!!
Just a point of information: you can still get a true manual, but only in North America. Not for sale to UK or Europe. I have a 2016 M6GC with a stick. Tons of fun! Or pound-feet of fun.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #30
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab View Post
Just a point of information: you can still get a true manual, but only in North America. Not for sale to UK or Europe. I have a 2016 M6GC with a stick. Tons of fun! Or pound-feet of fun.
And the fact that you guys can get it makes me angry

Ohh how I wish I could get an LCI 6MT M6 Coupe RHD with Comp Pack (they removed CP as an option with the LCI Manuals as they took power and torque from 575ps to 600ps and 680nm to 700nm)

Even for a second car I wish I could get a 530d or 540i G30 with a 6MT but I can't
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 03:05 AM   #31
1MEANM6
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 GranCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F06M6 View Post
Hi guys,

After spending at least 6 months looking for an M6 GC here in the UK I finally found the perfect spec and pulled the trigger.

It's a 2014 M6 Gran Coupe with the following spec:
- San Marino Blue
- LED Headlights
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- Bang and Olufsen speaker system
- Full black merino leather
- Alcantara headlining
- M-multifuntion steats
- 4 zone climate control
- Seat heating rear
- Individual reading lights
- Through loading
- Speed limit display
- Soft close doors
- Comfort access
- Rear camera with surround view
(I think that's everything)

I absolutely love the car and SMB is gorgeous. Coming from an E60 M5 it is a completely different beast. The old car had an amazing sound which is why I loved it. This car is just beautiful, I have a beaming smile every time I look at it.
The car was originally an ex-demonstrater from BMW in Scotland so it was quite a drive back to Hampshire, I have to say though the M Multifunction seats paid dividends and the B&O system is amazing. Having spent months looking at the UK market (Which has very few high spec M6 GC's I'm glad I didn't settle for less and waited

Here are a few mandatory iPhone pics

I have to say I will miss the sound of the E60 M5's V10. I quite like the M6 on a cold start, it has a nice rumble to it but after that it is silent. What's a good exhast system that's loud and doesn't drone?

I'm also looking at a carbon fibre lip spoiler by RW Carbon. Does anyone have experience with this company and the quality of their products? I'd like to add a lip spoiler just to finish the rear of the car.
Congrats! Love the blue! And for RW carbon i have the carbon fiber trunk spoiler and their quality is great!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #32
gregmb
master chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 vert

[QUOTE So I absolutely love my new spoiler but now I need to source a good used Akrapovic/M performance exhaust system. [/QUOTE]

Yep... that's exactly what I did... and the Akra system sound is perfect IMHO!
Appreciate 0