BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-18-2017, 06:35 AM   #1
7isPerfect
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F06 650I

Scammer Alert! - Watch Out

Wow, I was almost scammed,

asked for Meisterschaft for 650i on this forum and some guy messaged me saying he knows a person who's selling it so i should contact via email.

mhall6476@gmail.com

this was email i was given and i emailed and he gave me pictures and told me to wire him the money, and then we do some negotiating and we agreed upon a price and shipping method.

I told him i only want to deal PayPal unless he can prove his credentials on 6post.com, he said only wire.

Then i started reverse searching the picture and found the same picture on our threads that he downloaded and just sent me (this guys is the real owner http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1336935).

Then i searched him email and people on ferrarichat were talking about this guy. - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/fer...-among-us.html (and other emails and phone numbers he uses)

anyways,
long story short,

almost got scammed, but good that i doubted this transaction...
just want you guys to be aware too

message i received was

-Hi,

Please contact Michael on mhall6476@gmail.com regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. He is located in OHIO USA fast shipping and trusted. His Cell phone # is 216-454-3012

Thanks

from a member called - vcatt
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #2
PTK
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i xdrive Gran Coupe

thanks for the heads up man

so where are you going to source the exhaust? I want one too. If you find a good price/supplier let me know!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #3
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Thanks for the heads up. Scammers have gotten very creative, and you almost can't trust ANYONE any longer.

There's a guy in Hawaii on the R8 forum who literally had his car stolen by a "buyer" who came to the bank, met him in person, presented a fraudulent check, the whole nine yards. Thankfully, after a lengthy ordeal, and a sketchy scene almost out of a movie, he was able to get his car back.

You really have to be careful with PayPal, too. They're NEVER on the side of the seller. All it takes is the buyer saying they never got the item, and they'll immediately reverse the charge. You can jump through hoops trying to prove that you did, indeed, ship the item, etc, and it may still not matter. PayPal is OK if you're a buyer (and not great), but I'd NEVER sell through it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

You should have told him your in Ohio on business and that you can meet directly. Haha
Appreciate 0