BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-25-2017, 11:50 PM   #1
Weezy1905
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i Gran Coupe

New Owner - F06 Coding - Blind Spot

Hey all! I am impressed by this forum, everyone seems incredibly helpful and friendly, very cool!

I Have a question. I picked up a CPO 2014 640i GC and absolutely love it! I have already had a ceramic coating and clear bra applied as well as had some coding done. One thing the coder said was not available was adding a blind spot warning to the HUD. Does anyone know if this is part of the coding available on this car? It would be so much nicer not to have to look to the side view mirrors and try and determine if the warning light is on, especially on a sunny day. Just wondering, thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
You shouldn't be relying entirely on electronic nannies to monitor your blind spots. Turn your head and look, please! Motorcycles may or may not trigger the sensor, and bicycles almost certainly will not.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
Weezy1905
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i Gran Coupe

I totally agree. Perhaps I should clarify. I look for traffic regardless, then use the 'electronic nanny' as additional reassurance I didn't miss anything. To look back for traffic, then also look to the side for the marker is more time looking sideways than I think is safe.
Appreciate 0