BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
thiscarlife
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe F06 LCI

Tried retroffiting steering wheel fail

Hello, I bought a brand new m4 steering wheel from a forum member who had it taken off his car during delivery because of swapping to the mp steering wheel. I was trying to retrofit this new steering wheel into my 2015 640 gran coupe lci because my current wheel is all worn with shiny leather.

After transferring all the buttons and wiring into the new steering wheel, i tried to put the steering wheel back onto the column and the hole just wouldn't fit into the 16mm bolt, the hole of the new steering wheel was too small, and I only realized after comparing with my old steering wheel.

Can anyone share some insight on this? I just assumed that the m4 steering wheel would be a plug and play on the 6 since I know a lot of members who retrofitted m3 and m4 steering wheels into their f30 3 series or f10 5 series. I'm curious to know why it wouldn't fit on my 6 and if I might have been scammed somehow on the product. (I did get it at a good deal)

some weird issues:
- Steering wheel had no holes for the paddle shifter screws (only thing I can think of was the original m4 that the wheel came in had a manual so no paddles)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 10:29 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

F10, F06/F12/F13, and F01/F02 uses different size of spline.
So, F2x, F3x, F8x 1/2/3/4 series steering wheels won't fit.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0