BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
avilent
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6 GC

Midwest/South European Deliveries get stuck at NJ VDC

I live in the Midwest and discovered a nasty glitch in the BMWNA logistics system. Only two VDCs are allowed to receive European Deliveries (a) NJ VDC (b) Port Hueneme. Baltimore and South Carolina do not have the customs clearance for vehicle that were driven by customers (i.e. EDs). Baltimore VDC handles all new cars destined to mid atlantic, most southern and midwest states. So if you live in a state covered by the Baltimore VDC, and you do an ED, your car will arrive in Port Jersey and become an orphan... Since no new cars destined for your region arrive in NJ, your car will be stuck at the VDC for a long time until they can pool enough EDs to justify a truck to your dealer. BMW appears to be unaware (or uninterested) by this glitch and will generate fictitious ETAs for your dealer redelivery. I've sought help from my CA, from BMW's support (800-831-1117) and they acknowledge the glitch but aren't doing much to resolve the issue, so my car sits at the VDC Is anyone else stuck in this catch22?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
avilent
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6 GC

CA came through and arranged prompt redelivery

My CA worked some magic with the VDC and transportation company and arranged an earlier transport.

Summary of dates...

Vehicle ordered 5/14
Order acknowledged 5/20
BMW Production Started 6/22
BMW Production Completed 7/13
Alpina Production Completed 7/23
Vehicle Parked @ BMW Welt 7/23-8/3
European Delivery 8/3 - Could not drive the car - Odometer 4.0mi
Return to BMW @ Welt 8/3
Arrived @ New Jersey VDC 8/27
Cleared Custom 8/28
Cleared VDC processing 9/1
Left VDC for transportation to midwest 9/7
Arrived @ Dealer 9/9
Redelivered 9/10 - Odometer 10mi

I'm finally driving my B6!!! What a car

Lesson learned... If you live in the midwest and do an ED --- Call BMW and your CA daily to ensure prompt redelivery!!! BMW makes fabulous cars but their processes and BMW NA's attitude leave much to be desired.
Appreciate 0