BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-05-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
unstoppable6t2
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320ci convertible

Spec check for 640d GC

Hi,

Based on my research and advice on this forum, I'm thinking of the following spec for my 640d M-Sport Gran Coupe that I'm looking to get.

Is there anything I should change/omit/add? Is there anything I'm forgetting to specify? I don't want the dealer to end up choosing on my behalf.

640d M Sport Gran Coupe:

Exterior colour: Mineral white (Alpine white?)
Interior: Cinnamon brown dakota leather with fineline cognac interior trim

Packages added:
M Sport Plus - includes 20" M Double-spoke style 373M alloys, harman/kardon surround sound, head up display, speed limit display

Other options added:
Sun protection glass
Electric glass sunroof
Surround view
Reversing assist camera
Steering wheel heating

Undecided:
Exterior colour: Mineral white or Alpine white?
Exterior trim: matt aluminium or high gloss shadow line?

Questions:
Does removing "smokers package" option give you extra storage compartment? I'm not a smoker and have no need for lighter/ashtray.

I welcome your thoughts.

Thanks.

Last edited by unstoppable6t2; 09-07-2015 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Changed title
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #2
Niklas
Private
Rep
Drives: San Marino M6

Top Top choices right there, mineral white is cool but i personally prefer AW.

I would definitely add the adaptive LED headlights (the ones u can tick in the option list) and imo an option that is 100% is Variable Damper Control which will let u soften or harden the suspension.

You could also maybe add the sun protection glass, aka tints on the back windows and i liked having soft close doors on my 6.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #3
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Today i saw mineral white..its a beauty!!

Its my favorite color.

LED light is must have.

Panorama roof top!

Full leather on dashboard.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 03:22 AM   #4
Nickwp
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640D GC

Hi,

I think you've got the spec looking great! I wish I'd gone for the sunroof in many ways, but I was worried about losing some height in the cabin, given I'm on the tall side, but I think you've the right thing choosing it given everything Ive seen.

The adaptive headlights are are great thing, but it depends how much night driving you do. I thought the option was a little pricy given that LED's are standard now, but they are extremely clever.

As for the colour, I have alpine white and I've loved it and I've only swopped the colour for the new order so that it feels like a new car. Unfortunately i don't think mineral white is an option if you go for the M Sport? unless you spec it as an individual colour so it will be Apline white. To be honest I think the standard colour choices are fairly limited for the 6 exterior and interior are quite limited and something I was surprised about that didnt get changed on the LCI update.

The interior choice of the cinnamon is something I was tempted by but without seeing it in the flesh I wasn't brave enough to order it. It might be worth having a search through the used car section of the BMW website for 6 series, I did this to have look at some exterior and interior combinations and found it useful seeing actual pictures of the combinations. You should find most on there, it think there are only a couple with cinnamon interiors.

As for the exterior chrome, I think that's personal preference. I've gone for the all black look including a black grill, but there is quite a bit of other chrome on the car so going the chrome option does look good on the right colour and gives it a very classy profile.

The smokers option, I've no idea what you get instead and I didn't want to risk being left with just an empty cubby hole as I liked the fold out cover on the ashtray, it's quite good for coins and you have the lighter socket if you ever need to plug anything in. Again I wasn't sure if this would be lost.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 06:18 AM   #5
unstoppable6t2
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickwp View Post
Hi,

I think you've got the spec looking great! I wish I'd gone for the sunroof in many ways, but I was worried about losing some height in the cabin, given I'm on the tall side, but I think you've the right thing choosing it given everything Ive seen.

The adaptive headlights are are great thing, but it depends how much night driving you do. I thought the option was a little pricy given that LED's are standard now, but they are extremely clever.

As for the colour, I have alpine white and I've loved it and I've only swopped the colour for the new order so that it feels like a new car. Unfortunately i don't think mineral white is an option if you go for the M Sport? unless you spec it as an individual colour so it will be Apline white. To be honest I think the standard colour choices are fairly limited for the 6 exterior and interior are quite limited and something I was surprised about that didnt get changed on the LCI update.

The interior choice of the cinnamon is something I was tempted by but without seeing it in the flesh I wasn't brave enough to order it. It might be worth having a search through the used car section of the BMW website for 6 series, I did this to have look at some exterior and interior combinations and found it useful seeing actual pictures of the combinations. You should find most on there, it think there are only a couple with cinnamon interiors.

As for the exterior chrome, I think that's personal preference. I've gone for the all black look including a black grill, but there is quite a bit of other chrome on the car so going the chrome option does look good on the right colour and gives it a very classy profile.

The smokers option, I've no idea what you get instead and I didn't want to risk being left with just an empty cubby hole as I liked the fold out cover on the ashtray, it's quite good for coins and you have the lighter socket if you ever need to plug anything in. Again I wasn't sure if this would be lost.
Hey Nickwp. I think you might be right about mineral white not being a standard option. The salesman at the dealers said that it's available for free on the M Sport Plus package but it's something I need to confirm. I'm going down to the dealers later to see some used cars with that colour to get an idea (will report back with my thoughts) and will ask them again. I agree with you about the limited colour choices given the high price tag

I'm leaning towards the high gloss shadowline trim as I think it will blend in nicely with the sun protection windows and contrast well with the white exterior. I think! Is the black grill a free option?

Excellent tip about the smokers package - I would never have thought of it that way - this is why I love this forum

Although it'll be nice to have adaptive headlights, I don't do much night time driving (inner city only which is usually well lit) so can't justify paying for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #6
Nickwp
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640D GC

That would be interesting information about the mineral white being an option on the M Sport plus package, it's certainly something they never mentioned to me. Mineral white is lovely if you can get it. My order is too late to change now.

Re the black grills, they are a dealer fit option I think the cost is around £110, they are throwing them in for me as part of my deal. I think if you have the high gloss shadowline they will fit in really well. There are a few pics on the forum with members cars that have them fitted. Just depends on the type of look you are going for.

Hope you get to see some good colour options in the flesh!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 03:18 AM   #7
bmwjpn
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Today i saw mineral white..its a beauty!!

Its my favorite color.

LED light is must have.

Panorama roof top!

Full leather on dashboard.

agree! check out my car - M Sport Edition Japan to see leather dash with contrast stitching, etc. Also, soft close doors
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 03:59 AM   #8
unstoppable6t2
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwjpn View Post
agree! check out my car - M Sport Edition Japan to see leather dash with contrast stitching, etc. Also, soft close doors
Thanks - doesn't this car have leather dashboard and LED headlights as standard? I would love soft close doors but not going to go for it because of the price.

BTW - how do I see your car? Couldn't see any link in your signature.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #9
bmwjpn
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...hlight=japan+6

This should be it. The only option was the moonroof
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #10
edz_f06
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F06 640d MSport

Sounds like a good spec to me, very similar to mine except a few more toys and i have AW with the high gloss shadowline. I'd check on the speed limit display - did this change for the LCI as my pre-LCI doesn't have it on the MSport+ pack.

Surround camera is definately a good option with the size of the 6er, but I've got on ok without it (so far!)