BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #23
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan View Post
How is the sound driving down the highway inside the car 65-90 mph? I hesitate to change my exhaust because I only want the car to roar when I'm on the throttle, not cruising.
I would like to know this before making up my mind.
      11-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #24
atg4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer25 View Post
Alex,
It was great meeting you today. Thanks for firing up the AMAZING M Performance exhaust in the M6. WOW!

I hope I can get one soon!

-Spencer
It was great talking to you. Told ya you'd want one as soon as I hit the start button
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan View Post
How is the sound driving down the highway inside the car 65-90 mph? I hesitate to change my exhaust because I only want the car to roar when I'm on the throttle, not cruising.
If you're worried about drone, there isn't much to any at highway speeds.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #25
dentaltech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 coupe

So can I drop the car off at irvine and get this slapped in there? How much out the door installed? Any M specific downpipes to complete the package? Will there ever be?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #26
atg4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaltech View Post
So can I drop the car off at irvine and get this slapped in there? How much out the door installed? Any M specific downpipes to complete the package? Will there ever be?
They can't alter any part of the catalytic system so probably no downpipes...ever. Any hi-flow or test pipe setups would have to be "Off-road use only" and therefore will most likely fall under the "Motorsport" line. Only a handful of dealers are "Motorsport" certified so the parts will be expensive. On top of that, you could then only service your vehicle at a "Motorsport" store since the parts have to be installed by a BMW Technician and you warranty is automatically voided due to BMW flagging your vehicle as a "Race" vehicle on BMWs Intranet.
Appreciate 0