BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #67
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

some pics from BMW
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chris.t28.00
      01-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #68
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
some pics from BMW
That looks lovely. You got that for £27.5?
Seems pretty good to me from Bmw
      01-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #69
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandanbmw View Post
I think it was lucky. Could be BS but the dealer told me they made a mistake on the pricing, on the website now (I presume they haven't updated it yet) they've put the price up to 28.5. No wiggle room in that 27.5 though as paying cash, but he said the dealer manager would be calling me to offer me finance tomorrow that I will have to sit through!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #70
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

here's the original ad

http://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/6-Series/3...cmdc=se_na_re_
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #71
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Shes a beaut mate, congrats!

The sunroof when tilted is so underrated i think, subtle yes, but it just completes the car very nicely.

Also love the third break light on the GC. I wonder if that was EU regulation or BMW flamboyance - bit of both maybe?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #72
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Here's a question. When I was trying to negotiate on price, they said if I took finance they would take another 500 off. I said no but on the order form they sent after processing my deposit, they listed the purchase price as 27000 not 27500. Whether deliberate or accident, do I have the right to pay that price for it? Don't want to do something wrong by not mentioning it but equally an extra 500 is not to be sniffed at.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #73
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
Shes a beaut mate, congrats!

The sunroof when tilted is so underrated i think, subtle yes, but it just completes the car very nicely.

Also love the third break light on the GC. I wonder if that was EU regulation or BMW flamboyance - bit of both maybe?
I agree, I wasn't set on the roof as I like to be enclosed but when I drove one with it I did like it. Seeing that subtle lift is a nice touch I admit. Also love the long brake light too, always liked that
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #74
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I still think that's a good deal and I get a proper warranty too

You will have to get the vin no and check out the options on the vin checker as it says Dakota ivory white comfort seats.

Mine has Nappa ivory comfort seats and I didn't think you could have the Dakota on them seats with that colour. I could be wrong but if you have the Nappa you have had a result
      01-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #75
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:

You will have to get the vin no and check out the options on the vin checker as it says Dakota ivory white comfort seats.

Mine has Nappa ivory comfort seats and I didn't think you could have the Dakota on them seats with that colour. I could be wrong but if you have the Nappa you have had a result
Unfortunately the vin decoder says this

LEDER DAKOTA/ELFENBEINWEISS/ELFENBE (LCEX)

And

Comfort seat with memory
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #76
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately the vin decoder says this

LEDER DAKOTA/ELFENBEINWEISS/ELFENBE (LCEX)
Can't have it all haha. Congrats tho it's a good looker. Once it gets a bit warmer I will set up a South east meet
      01-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #77
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Can't have it all haha. Congrats tho it's a good looker. Once it gets a bit warmer I will set up a South east meet
At least the Dakota is hard wearing, I've had it for my last few cars and i don't have anything bad to say against it.

Last edited by 325_bucks; 01-19-2017 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 04:39 AM   #78
Kenders
Rep
Drives: 640d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenders View Post
There are some very good cars out there for £27k.
I think you have found one!
Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 04:40 AM   #79
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Looks great.
Thanks! The dealership is quite for from me so I'm picking it up on Saturday morning and looking forward to the drive home!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 04:59 AM   #80
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks
Quote:
I think it was lucky. Could be BS but the dealer told me they made a mistake on the pricing, on the website now (I presume they haven't updated it yet) they've put the price up to 28.5. No wiggle room in that 27.5 though as paying cash, but he said the dealer manager would be calling me to offer me finance tomorrow that I will have to sit through!
Love the car kidder you have done very nicely. Love the colour.

I have the same colour interior but with nappa and people always comment positively about it.

Exactly the same comment was made to me with my dealer in Oz. Think they said it to make me feel like I was getting a good deal (even though I already knew I was after 6 months searching) and for me to make my mind up fast as they said they were going to put the price up.

I also went through the finance pitch then paid cash. They didn't seem too pleased. Oh well spend the savings on interest on a tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 05:21 AM   #81
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435d GC

Quote:
Quote:
Looks great.
Thanks! The dealership is quite for from me so I'm picking it up on Saturday morning and looking forward to the drive home!
I'm picking mine up Saturday too. I must say that colour is Gorgeous and a great spec as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 07:23 AM   #82
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog View Post
I'm picking mine up Saturday too. I must say that colour is Gorgeous and a great spec as well.
what you getting?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 07:31 AM   #83
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
what you getting?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #84
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Very nice, what options you got? I see the ceramic trim which is great! I do love that colour too, but my F10 that I just got rid of was space grey so wanted a change!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #85
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Very nice, what options you got? I see the ceramic trim which is great! I do love that colour too, but my F10 that I just got rid of was space grey so wanted a change!
Yeah apparently a £400 option. They look lovely but not sure i would of payed that for ceramic myself!

Options are

HUD
Ceramic controls
High beam assist
Adaptive headlights
Sunroof
Comfort seats
Reverse camera
Multi function instrument panel
Sun protection glass
20" wheels

Iv bought some black matts to replace the beige ones as they are going to be a nightmare to keep clean! Look forward to some photos of yours when you get it and if you're like me I bet you can't wait to pick it up Saturday
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 05:13 PM   #86
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah apparently a £400 option. They look lovely but not sure i would of payed that for ceramic myself!

Options are

HUD
Ceramic controls
High beam assist
Adaptive headlights
Sunroof
Comfort seats
Reverse camera
Sun protection glass
20" wheels

Iv bought some black matts to replace the beige ones as they are going to be a nightmare to keep clean! Look forward to some photos of yours when you get it and if you're like me I bet you can't wait to pick it up Saturday
Nice spec, the adaptive lights is a good one. I would probably not have paid for the ceramic but it does look good. I'm looking forward to comfort access. Ever since my wife got it on hers I've been jealous!

What dealer is yours at? I see you're in Southampton?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 02:21 AM   #87
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Options are

HUD
Ceramic controls
High beam assist
Adaptive headlights
Sunroof
Comfort seats
Reverse camera
Sun protection glass
20" wheels

Nice spec, the adaptive lights is a good one. I would probably not have paid for the ceramic but it does look good. I'm looking forward to comfort access. Ever since my wife got it on hers I've been jealous!

What dealer is yours at? I see you're in Southampton?
Yes Southampton but I'm getting the car from Marshall Salisbury. I see you've got soft close doors which are an utter indulgence but so cool in my opinion. Mine is April 14 too but I see you've got the touch control for i drive. Wonder if the ceramic option has anything to do with why I haven't?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 03:46 AM   #88
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes Southampton but I'm getting the car from Marshall Salisbury. I see you've got soft close doors which are an utter indulgence but so cool in my opinion. Mine is April 14 too but I see you've got the touch control for i drive. Wonder if the ceramic option has anything to do with why I haven't?
Strange that, the original car I bought before cancelling was a Dec 2013 and had non touch. I thought from 2014 on all of them had touch?

The soft close is definitely an indulgence and makes you even more lazy but they do look cool. I saw it on a car I test drove and it was awesome!

I asked where you were picking yours up as I am getting mine from Eastbourne and Southampton is not a million miles away so thought there was a chance we could have had a meet!
Appreciate 0