BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

My M6 Coupe B&O Sound System Settings..

I consider myself to be quite an audiophile.. The B&O sound system option on the M6 is Incredible. Its one the best I have ever heard from any factory car...When set up properly.. Here are my personal settings for people to try..

I spent several hours during a long road trip fine tuning the treble/bass and each frequency to a hair under their speaker capacity at max volume to give the best clairty, bass and mid possible. You can go full power safely with any type of music and it will not crack.. Enjoy!

Let me know what you guys think.. This works for the M6 Coupe..possibly Convertible as well if the speaker layout is the same.

(M5's, Grand Coupes should have the same EQ Settings since they have the same speakers and amp output, but the Rear Fade and Bass/Treb may be different...Try Mine..If you rear fade less than +3 , decrease my Treb/Bass settings by a similar amount (about 2 bars).. as the fade to 0 increases their power output and will be too much at full vol.)

M6 Coupe B&O Fine Tuned Settings SAFE at Max Volume

+ Notches = Bars to the Right

B&O Sound Setting: Expanded

Treb +7 Notches
Bass +5 Notches
Rear Fade +4 Notches (+3 is also possible if you want just a tad more High than Low but anything after this distorts treb/bass settings...see explanation above)

EQ Starting from Low to High

+4 Notches Lowest Frequency
+5
+6
+6
+7
+4
+3 Notches Highest frequency

Last edited by rambino; 12-28-2016 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
b_fjnj1.00
      05-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
sinasayyah
Rep
Drives: Frozen Silver F12 M6

Thumbs up

I tried these settings and I have to say, AWESOME. These settings really make the B&O shine.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
C4shFlo
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F12 M6 Singapore/Sakkhir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
I consider myself to be quite an audiophile.. The B&O sound system option on the M6 is Incredible.
I agree.

I do have a question. I have not boosted bass at all on my setup (2013 F12 with B&O) but I noticed the sound when playing Sirius XM saturates in the bass way more than if I play the same song through bluetooth. This is why I have not boosted anything.

Is there a way to have the sound tweaked for one source and not another? Like a profile based on the source in use.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 11:32 PM   #4
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep

Great point, I play a lot of Sat radio as well.. My +5 bass settings are safe at Full Volume because the rear fade setting decreases this bass output...I did take Sat radio in mind when I fine tuned everything. The added satellite bass saturation is well handled by the Amps computer which will cut down power if it senses too much, so theres no need for 2 profiles.

Dont be shy to turn it up, your B&O can handle it..The system is really smart and impressive.

Last edited by rambino; 05-17-2016 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

I'd like multiple profiles because when i optimize for SAT my BT sounds like crap -- especially Pandora. There is another thread with settings .. think it came out of the M5 thread and I tried those as well. Although I think the B&O is worth it for the aesthetics alone. I have a vert and I know lots of the "B&O" sound goes out the window per se.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 11:14 PM   #6
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep

Try my settings Terrain.. Its really optimized for the speakers themselves, the amps computer will sort out any over bass and saturation . Your right about sound loss with the top down, even with the windows down on the coupe it makes a sound difference.. unfortunately you cant do multiple profiles.. I also looked at the M5 sound settings threads which I only partially agreed with before I zenned out for 3 hours and further tuned the system for the M6.

Last edited by rambino; 05-22-2016 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #7
DaveCM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Sapphire Black

Thanks Rambino. I never thought the B&O was worth the extra money until I set the equalizer up this way. Wow, what a difference!

I agree that you should be able to save setup profiles or whatever. I wonder if it tracks with the seperate keys? (if the car is unlocked with one key versus another?)

Last edited by DaveCM5; 05-20-2016 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0