BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #45
Rufus123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_skyline View Post
Hi - I would be very careful if you haven't done this before - you could easily flash the car and do longer term damage.

I have no affiliation with Adam / DD Coding but trust his work and quality of engagement.

Prashan
Good enough for me mate, I'll ring Adam to get it done

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 04:39 PM   #46
BMWLad
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06 640d

Sorry but that sounds extremely alarmist.

Yes you could flash the car but there is a very specific routine to follow if your doing that, so if you follow one of the many guides coding is very straight forward.

Rufus if your based in the midlands I'll more than happily spend a bit of time to show you.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #47
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RX8, Alfa Romeo GTV, 640d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandanbmw View Post
Wicked I may go for the m6 at some point.
What "sounds" are you guys talking about?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #48
BMWLad
Private
Rep

The car enhances the engine/exhaust noise by playing audio through the speakers. When coding you can change the sound the car plays through the speakers. It doesn't give the full M6 experience for instance as it is designed to enhance the engine noise.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #49
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Quote:
Wicked I may go for the m6 at some point.
What "sounds" are you guys talking about?
I had the m6 active sound coded into my 640d. I'm happy with it too :-)
      04-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #50
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What would happen if I muted my speakers, would the "noise of the engine note" still continue to play through them speakers ?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 02:29 PM   #51
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What would happen if I muted my speakers, would the "noise of the engine note" still continue to play through them speakers ?
Yes no matter what the stereo volume it just sounds like it's there or if u have the window open its clever stuff. What I really like is when cruising along its nice & quiet with no drone. Then blip it u hear a faint v8 sound then floor it and it gives a nice v8 bellow imo
      04-12-2016, 02:35 PM   #52
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes no matter what the stereo volume it just sounds like it's there or if u have the window open its clever stuff. What I really like is when cruising along its nice & quiet with no drone. Then blip it u hear a faint v8 sound then floor it and it gives a nice v8 bellow imo
Wow, seems a pretty essential mod for the 640d the - although my mates would laugh at me if I did do it - still looking for a good interior combo for my budget. It seems the white 6 series command a higher premium
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:50 PM   #53
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wow, seems a pretty essential mod for the 640d the - although my mates would laugh at me if I did do it - still looking for a good interior combo for my budget. It seems the white 6 series command a higher premium
Tbh I'm a petrol head and having the diesel always makes me wish I had that Petrol soundtrack but for me the diesel is better on so many other aspects as a package I had to buy one.

Since having the m6 active sound coded on my want for that soundtrack has gone and I'm totally happy with the way mine goes and sounds. Even more so now it's remapped
      04-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #54
Rufus123
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Tbh I'm a petrol head and having the diesel always makes me wish I had that Petrol soundtrack but for me the diesel is better on so many other aspects as a package I had to buy one.

Since having the m6 active sound coded on my want for that soundtrack has gone and I'm totally happy with the way mine goes and sounds. Even more so now it's remapped
Is it better than the standard active sound mate now you ve had a while to try it out

Only reason I ask is I saw someone on Facebook saying the standard sound was louder

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #55
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus123
Quote:

Is it better than the standard active sound mate now you ve had a while to try it out

Only reason I ask is I saw someone on Facebook saying the standard sound was louder

Cheers
Much better imo.
The standard sound was one of the best sounding diesels I've heard but this is certainly a nicer soundtrack I'd say.
      04-14-2016, 09:08 AM   #56
gtr_skyline
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Sport / X3 2.0d Sport

Agreed Dan - people I take in my car, don't believe me when I say its a diesel
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #57
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_skyline
Agreed Dan - people I take in my car, don't believe me when I say its a diesel
Definitely everyone who has been in mine have commented how nice it sounds
      04-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #58
darms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport Shadow Ed

Stop it boys.... Not had a chance to get ADAM to see if he can do the same on mine yet
      04-15-2016, 06:11 AM   #59
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darms
Stop it boys.... Not had a chance to get ADAM to see if he can do the same on mine yet
Quick little bit of remote coding will sort that Darms
      04-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #60
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep

Wow, I didn't know that the 6 series actually had "interior engine noise enhancements" until I watched on of the review videos lol. But basically the guy said you can't really tell that the sound is "artifical" unless you are actually standing outside the car.

I assume the coding done by adam is to replace this original noise enhancement to for example an m6 ?

So does that mean that the m6 itself also have interior noise enhancements too ?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #61
ziggys101
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3M40i

Just bit the bullet and manned up got the ENET cable I've had for 4 years and not used, followed the guides watched a youtube tutorial and then finally did my first ever code

Changed the active sound to M6 drove to the end of the road and back sounds great think I'll add some more now
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #62
BMWLad
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCobra1 View Post
Wow, I didn't know that the 6 series actually had "interior engine noise enhancements" until I watched on of the review videos lol. But basically the guy said you can't really tell that the sound is "artifical" unless you are actually standing outside the car.

I assume the coding done by adam is to replace this original noise enhancement to for example an m6 ?

So does that mean that the m6 itself also have interior noise enhancements too ?
Yes and there are two tunes one for m5/6 and one for them with competition pack.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #63
M6Havana
M6 f12 Havana
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 Cab

For me chaps ive now had all the active sounds. And standard setting with volume O/L is my favorite. Much deeper tone and most aggressive, the m6 & m3/m4 is nice and gives a more petrol sounding V8 but standard set to O/L is the loudest.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #64
ziggys101
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggys101 View Post
Just bit the bullet and manned up got the ENET cable I've had for 4 years and not used, followed the guides watched a youtube tutorial and then finally did my first ever code

Changed the active sound to M6 drove to the end of the road and back sounds great think I'll add some more now
No idea why I've always been hesitant about doing this, it's really easy once you've followed the directions, just added temp to the TPMS screen and digital speed readout (which I might delete as its crap compared with HUD speed). Just now need to decide what I'll do next..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #65
Rufus123
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640m View Post
For me chaps ive now had all the active sounds. And standard setting with volume O/L is my favorite. Much deeper tone and most aggressive, the m6 & m3/m4 is nice and gives a more petrol sounding V8 but standard set to O/L is the loudest.
This is probably a silly question but what's OL mate
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #66
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640m View Post
This is probably a silly question but what's OL mate
On loud?