10-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
Krash7172
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e, 2020 X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78 View Post
Thanks for tip on app, I went to iTunes for this app and there is a message about sending to BMW.

"== Sending a destination to a BMW currently doesn't work. Technical support for BMW Assist acknowledged that there is currently an issue in the Google servers preventing the destination from being received. BMW and Google are working on the issue. Please try Send To Car again in a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience. =="
I noticed it wasn't working on 9/22 with my 5. I didn't try to troubleshoot it since my new 6 was on the water. I verified everything was setup in the 6 and it hasn't worked yet. Now I know why. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #24
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Quote:
Is it that your car not receiving address you sent to it, or you don't have option to send from Google map?
Just figured it out little bit.
There is no the option on google.ca but there is on the google.com
I have sent it to my car an hour ago. Wait to see what gonna happen when I go to start the car later.
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #25
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Just figured it out little bit.
There is no the option on google.ca but there is on the google.com
I have sent it to my car an hour ago. Wait to see what gonna happen when I go to start the car later.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #26
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes it works. Neversummer.
Now I can use one more feature in this beauty now. However, one more bug came out today, I replaced my cellphone today and the I drive just can not sync contacts. .
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #27
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes it works. Neversummer.
Now I can use one more feature in this beauty now. However, one more bug came out today, I replaced my cellphone today and the I drive just can not sync contacts. .
Bluetooth can be an ugly mess. Best to bring it to dealer to have them deal with it. When I had E53 X5, I had to replace/upgrade the whole bluetooth module when upgrading my phone because original one won't work with iPhone, and it was more expensive than the iPhone without contract.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #28
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Bluetooth can be an ugly mess. Best to bring it to dealer to have them deal with it. When I had E53 X5, I had to replace/upgrade the whole bluetooth module when upgrading my phone because original one won't work with iPhone, and it was more expensive than the iPhone without contract.
Hey Neversummer78,
Thanks for your inputs, but the situation is I didn't change my phone to something else. I dropped my old samsung note 2 on the ground, so the screen was broken, I got a new one since I have the device protection plan with my carrier.
Exact same phone, but the contacts just can not be transferred to the Idrive. and the messages never update by itself (must manually click the update message option).
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #29
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Neversummer78,
Thanks for your inputs, but the situation is I didn't change my phone to something else. I dropped my old samsung note 2 on the ground, so the screen was broken, I got a new one since I have the device protection plan with my carrier.
Exact same phone, but the contacts just can not be transferred to the Idrive. and the messages never update by itself (must manually click the update message option).
When I connect to a new bluetooth phone, it has two checkboxes. One for audio and one for contact on the iDrive screen. Were both checked? May be you should delete all the bluetooth devices on iDrive and add it back in.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #30
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
When I connect to a new bluetooth phone, it has two checkboxes. One for audio and one for contact on the iDrive screen. Were both checked? May be you should delete all the bluetooth devices on iDrive and add it back in.
Yes, I think so. I am going to try it later and install the Exhaustmeister at the same time.
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #31
quaker_31
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash7172 View Post
The Send to Car service is great but not very reliable. I have used it in my last 3 bmws and it is currently not working on my 6. If you want to enable it on your Android phone or tablet, download "Send to Car" from the Play Store.
Awesome was wishing this existed! and it does!

Thank you

Present - 2013 6 GC M Sport / 2010-2013 - '08 Audi A5 SE
2008-2010 - '59 BMW 118 M-sport / 2006-2008 - '03 BMW 318 M-Sport
2002-2006 - '95 Mercedes C220/ 2000-2002 - '92 Mercedes W201
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #32
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker_31 View Post
Awesome was wishing this existed! and it does!

Thank you
Lol, I just zip tie the exhaust flap/valve. It isn't that loud.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #33
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Lol, I just zip tie the exhaust flap/valve. It isn't that loud.
Yes, surely can not compare with a full exhaust change but I think it does make exhaust tone change.
BTW my contacts aee tranferred to car successfully. Thanks Neversummer, just did same as you told and it works.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #34
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, surely can not compare with a full exhaust change but I think it does make exhaust tone change.
BTW my contacts aee tranferred to car successfully. Thanks Neversummer, just did same as you told and it works.
Glad I could help

I want to keep OEM look, so I probably want to go X-Pipe route for better sound not a full exhaust swap. However, I have make sure car is problem free for the next month or 2 before bothering with anything or they gonna blame me for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #35
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Glad I could help

I want to keep OEM look, so I probably want to go X-Pipe route for better sound not a full exhaust swap. However, I have make sure car is problem free for the next month or 2 before bothering with anything or they gonna blame me for it.
For me, I think our cars actually are trouble free, at least not kind of that bad. Recently, I have add almost 1000+ kms and I never got any drivetrain malfunction since the time of 6200 kms.
I was trying to find out what was the reason for the drivetrain malfunction warning, after read lost of threads on x6m and m5 post. I found the reason probably issued with fuel injector and octane.
Here are my two conclusions:
1. Since we are running the n63 engines, the technology of valvetronic was first available in the S63tu enigines like x6m and m5. The valve-tronic tech may require very premium octanes.
2. The fuel injector may be some bugs in the S63/N63tu engines, low fuel may cause some problems.
My last drivetrain malfunction warning might also be caused by one of the above or both. Since I usually add 94 gas to vehicle but I was in hurry so I added 91 to my 6gc at that time, and when the drivetrain warning came out, there was just less than quarter gas left in my fuel tank. Therefore, the drivetrain warning came out. This problem also bothered some M5 owners.
Never add low octane gas and always keep there is a quarter gas in the fuel tank may help us get out of troubles.
For the exhaust, Yes I also wanted to keep stock first, so I bought the Exhaustmeister. However, if Akrapovic will make one for us, definitely I will go with them. I changed my exhausts on my past cars, and regretted all the times because of the huge drone in the cabin.
The 6GC has the best cabin among all cars I have owned, I do not want to add drones to the cabin and make it sounds cheap.
However, almost all aftermarket exhausts have drones even the OEM performance ones. Is there really any drone free exhaust?
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #36
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For me, I think our cars actually are trouble free, at least not kind of that bad. Recently, I have add almost 1000+ kms and I never got any drivetrain malfunction since the time of 6200 kms.
I was trying to find out what was the reason for the drivetrain malfunction warning, after read lost of threads on x6m and m5 post. I found the reason probably issued with fuel injector and octane.
Here are my two conclusions:
1. Since we are running the n63 engines, the technology of valvetronic was first available in the S63tu enigines like x6m and m5. The valve-tronic tech may require very premium octanes.
2. The fuel injector may be some bugs in the S63/N63tu engines, low fuel may cause some problems.
My last drivetrain malfunction warning might also be caused by one of the above or both. Since I usually add 94 gas to vehicle but I was in hurry so I added 91 to my 6gc at that time, and when the drivetrain warning came out, there was just less than quarter gas left in my fuel tank. Therefore, the drivetrain warning came out. This problem also bothered some M5 owners.
Never add low octane gas and always keep there is a quarter gas in the fuel tank may help us get out of troubles.
For the exhaust, Yes I also wanted to keep stock first, so I bought the Exhaustmeister. However, if Akrapovic will make one for us, definitely I will go with them. I changed my exhausts on my past cars, and regretted all the times because of the huge drone in the cabin.
The 6GC has the best cabin among all cars I have owned, I do not want to add drones to the cabin and make it sounds cheap.
However, almost all aftermarket exhausts have drones even the OEM performance ones. Is there really any drone free exhaust?
I also think it has to do with poor octane level, but the most we can get here is 91. They don't like it when I use octane booster, so I hope that their reprogramming does the trick. Plus, I got heavy foot, and that might have encouraged the problem to surface more frequently.

Yeap, Akrapovic stuffs are exciting, eagerly waiting for its debut for our cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #37
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Octane is only an measure of the fuel's ability to resist knock (pre-ignition). Valvtronic is a throttling system and only changes the airflow in a direct injected engine.

If these engine malfunctions are truly related to the injectors, which seems to be the case at least some of the time, then it has to do with gas quality, not octane. If you search these forums you'll see many have had success with Chevron Techron additive. It doesn't boost octant but it apparently keeps these sensitive injectors clean. I've never had issues but I started using it every 3000 miles or so. BMW even sells Techron under the BMW label, but you can tell it's Techron by the shape of the bottle.

These modern engines will dial back spark timing and boost to avoid detonation, so using an occasional low octane tank isn't a problem, you just lose power.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #38
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
Octane is only an measure of the fuel's ability to resist knock (pre-ignition). Valvtronic is a throttling system and only changes the airflow in a direct injected engine.

If these engine malfunctions are truly related to the injectors, which seems to be the case at least some of the time, then it has to do with gas quality, not octane. If you search these forums you'll see many have had success with Chevron Techron additive. It doesn't boost octant but it apparently keeps these sensitive injectors clean. I've never had issues but I started using it every 3000 miles or so. BMW even sells Techron under the BMW label, but you can tell it's Techron by the shape of the bottle.

These modern engines will dial back spark timing and boost to avoid detonation, so using an occasional low octane tank isn't a problem, you just lose power.
Thanks Bönz for your input, I always associate misfiring with low octane gas in force induction engine where knock sensor fails to dial back timing under heavy load. When I start using octane booster, I got no error in the beginning. I start getting some error when driving hard over a long distance which let me think that they somehow related. Anyway, that was just a guess I made. If it runs problem free for the next couple month, I will take your suggestion and use Chevron Techron additive every 3000 miles.

Whatever it is that has been causing this error, I hope to not dealing with it again so I can start fun projects with this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 03:00 AM   #39
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
If you order rear and side sun blinds, then all three blinds are electric. The option list suggests that the side blinds are manual.
Appreciate 0