BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Aftermarket wheels

Are bmw dealerships fine with aftermarket wheels?

Since the range rover is so unreliable the dealers always try as hard as they can to blame aftermarket wheels as the cause of the problem. So I stopped doing it with the range rovers.

I was thinking about getting these wheels for the gran coupe, I like the look and also like that they don't look much like aftermarket wheels. They also come in 20 inches, which is nice.

But I am wondering what the dealers reactions usually are to aftermarket wheels, and if they would put them on the car when it arrives. I didn't want to ask the dealer before I got some opinions.

http://www.kelleners-sport.com/image..._BMW-F06_1.jpg
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
6sickseries
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650 2012

I got aftermarket 2013 m6 wheels in black I put them on my self make sure u change ur tires cuz BMW tires aren't so great runflat sucks...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

I was going to use the stock 20 inch tires that come with the individual package, you think that is a bad idea?

If that's the case I might as well order 19 inch wheels, I ordered 20's thinking that $1300 is about what the tires cost.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
6sickseries
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650 2012

I tried and the rim with BMW tires kept breaking down so I change the tires so now is good but If I ever get a flat tired I'm stuck cuz with run flat u can still drive a little .... Well when u do post pics!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Are bmw dealerships fine with aftermarket wheels?

Since the range rover is so unreliable the dealers always try as hard as they can to blame aftermarket wheels as the cause of the problem. So I stopped doing it with the range rovers.

I was thinking about getting these wheels for the gran coupe, I like the look and also like that they don't look much like aftermarket wheels. They also come in 20 inches, which is nice.

But I am wondering what the dealers reactions usually are to aftermarket wheels, and if they would put them on the car when it arrives. I didn't want to ask the dealer before I got some opinions.

http://www.kelleners-sport.com/image..._BMW-F06_1.jpg
looks to me to be a pain in the arse to keep clean!!!
Appreciate 0