BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-18-2024, 09:08 AM   #1
SahkirMVI
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw m6

2013 m6 rebuild

Hey guys I'm new to Bimmerpost so bear with me here, but I inherited a 2013 M6 that was in an accident and I want to rebuild it. I had someone take a look at it and they said it would cost around 20k USD if I got OEM parts through BMW. I want to do the work myself since I'm in auto tech school and have worked on German vehicles before. There's a lot that I don't know and would appreciate and accept any advice on places to get parts or any tips and tricks you guys have picked up along the way. I look forward to talking with you guys and learning from you guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 11:51 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Welcome aboard and congrats on the project car. I use FCP Euro for stock/OEM parts. If you are looking to do a forged rebuild of the engine hit up 5150autosport for the internals.

I love FCP for the warranty on the parts. I have personally sent stuff back for the account credit.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 03:53 PM   #3
SahkirMVI
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw m6

No need for internals thank god. I just have a lot of front-end damage and suspension damage. I've used FCP in the past and I love them, but I just want to see what's out there and if any companies have fair-priced upgrades before I go dropping big bucks on stock OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 04:43 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
There are some good dismantlers in Florida that have really organized website and/or ebay store. Are you in Insta?

https://justsomecarparts.com/collections/f06-f12-f13

https://www.ebay.com/str/realoempart....m47492.l74602
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 10:17 PM   #5
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

SahkirMVI, I just picked up a 2014 F02 Alpina B7 that had a LOT of broken parts on the front end, and had a choice to either "fix", "replace" or do nothing. Broken plastic can be easily repaired with a kit similar to this. This $32 kit will not repair rubber parts that sometimes look like plastic. These rubber trim pieces can be repaired but require wire stitching, and rubber cement.

While initially the cost of a LOT of plastic parts almost deterred me from going with new BMW OE on such an old car, I went ahead and bought OE from a dealership, online, from Texas. They insure the shipment (for free), and there is no state sales tax. Shipping is very, very reasonable. Here is the link. So I balanced between repair, used eBay or new BMW parts.

You can follow my forum thread here.

It really come down to what you plan to do after you complete the restoration/repair. I plan to keep my car, and so spending the extra dough for "new" was the right choice. But you need to decide if "recycling" from eBay is a better choice (and helping the Planet stay Green, is a good thing).

Keep us posted, with pictures, with your progress.....and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by M_Bimmer; 03-18-2024 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0