11-16-2015, 06:51 AM   #1
Miss6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 640i convertible

New here...but have an alarm problem : (

Hi everyone

Picked up my 2011 640i convertible on Saturday and so far I absolutely love it

Just before leaving the dealers (not BMW) the dealer tested out the spare key fob, after locking up the car the alarm suddenly went off as he walked away. He came to the conclusion that it was because the key battery needed replacing as it was displaying ' replace remote battery' on the dashboard.

Since I bought the car back I've got the 2 keys mixed up and now both of the fobs cause the alarm to go off so I am having to leave the car locked but without the alarm activated.
I popped into BMW this morning and had both batteries replaced, and the guy that served me came out to test them with the car and the problem seemed to have gone away. Hooray! .... However, I've just been out to my car to get something and as soon as I lock up and walk away the alarm goes off again

Has anyone else experienced this? I've read a bit online that it could be the hood sensor??

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!
Rachel
Appreciate 0