BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
tuonor
Rep
Drives: '14 M6 GC

Ground clearance with Vorsteiner lip?

I recently picked up a '14 M6 GC and am considering the Vorsteiner front lip...partly for the look but also as a sacrificial skidplate of sorts.

Can any owners comment on how much this piece impacts drivability in an urban area? Interested in how it impacts clearance at the leading edge of the winglets and also whether it effects clearance to the sides (in front of the wheels). The piece seems to taper from front to back to match the slope of the M6 lip.

I know I need to get some pictures of the new ride posted; will do so after I get the tint installed and the car detailed.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

If you are on stock ride height you shouldn't have a problem at all... just like stock. If you decide to lower your car you will have to be cautious a little more.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
tuonor
Rep

Thanks for the feedback on this piece.

Do you mean it doesn't protrude any lower than the black urethane piece that runs along the bottom of the bumper? I had also been looking at the Kellener's splitter and they were saying it lowers the clearance by 5cm everywhere...which seems like it would impact the drivability meaningfully.

If you have a minute would be great if you can measure the distance between the ground and the bottom of the front edge of the splitter.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuonor View Post
Thanks for the feedback on this piece.

Do you mean it doesn't protrude any lower than the black urethane piece that runs along the bottom of the bumper? I had also been looking at the Kellener's splitter and they were saying it lowers the clearance by 5cm everywhere...which seems like it would impact the drivability meaningfully.

If you have a minute would be great if you can measure the distance between the ground and the bottom of the front edge of the splitter.

Thanks.
Yeah. It's pretty much identical to the black urethane piece that runs along the bottom of the bumper. That piece gets removed when installing the vorsteiner front lip. Same spot
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
tuonor
Rep

Thanks Hunter. I just ordered one...
Appreciate 0