BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-01-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
poloka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540xi

AC Schnitzer springs F06 650xi

Anyone know where can get these for a reasonable price? Eas has them for almost $800. Thinking that's a bit much for springs.

Previously owned:
2015 650xi Gran Coupe MSport
2011 X5 50xi MSport
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #2
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

They are basically H&R springs re-branded. You can get some H&R ones for around $300.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 01:20 AM   #3
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Actually they are re-branded Eibach springs that will not really lower your car, AC and Dinan know, there's a sucker born every minute. Get the H&R's, at least you'll be happy with the money you spent after they're installed
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Yeah, H&R gives the best drop. It's not super low either.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
poloka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640
Yeah, H&R gives the best drop. It's not super low either.
H&R only note for a 650i and not a 650xi.

Previously owned:
2015 650xi Gran Coupe MSport
2011 X5 50xi MSport
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
araithat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 650i gran coupe m sport

Old thread, but does anyone have acs springs installed on their f06 650i or 640i x drive? Any pictures? I heard they ride betted than both H&r (too harsh) and eibach (too soft and bouncy). Anyone care to chime in? I'm leaning towards acs springs...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by araithat View Post
Old thread, but does anyone have acs springs installed on their f06 650i or 640i x drive? Any pictures? I heard they ride betted than both H&r (too harsh) and eibach (too soft and bouncy). Anyone care to chime in? I'm leaning towards acs springs...
what you are saying is conventional knowledge. If you spend more time driving your car than looking at it, get the Schnitzer.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
araithat
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
what you are saying is conventional knowledge. If you spend more time driving your car than looking at it, get the Schnitzer.
Thanks for the reply, probably will go the acs route. I was thinking coilovers, but unfortunately kw only makes v3's (overkill for me) for this model I don't really trust brands such as bcracing and Megan either.

If anyone does have pics I'd still love to see. I know it won't drop much but am curious how it would look (particularly with 20s).
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 12:02 AM   #9
Krasna
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
Quote:
Agree ... performance versus look or performance AND look; springs that maintain ride quality at turn (lateral) are often pricier, but for good reason.

I suggest a search on reviews and just trying to help. It's not worth "chopping" a $75K+ car at the sake of handling when a bit more coin will preserve your ride while achieving the desired stance.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #10
araithat
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasna View Post
Agree ... performance versus look or performance AND look; springs that maintain ride quality at turn (lateral) are often pricier, but for good reason.

I suggest a search on reviews and just trying to help. It's not worth "chopping" a $75K+ car at the sake of handling when a bit more coin will preserve your ride while achieving the desired stance.
Agreed... I'll post some pics up after I order and install

Last edited by araithat; 05-28-2017 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #11
araithat
Enlisted Member
Rep

springs installed (along with some other parts / mods)

Heres some pics after the springs were installed and settled

I agree with the majority of the other reviews i have seen online. Performance has definitely increased with little sacrifice to comfort. I would have to say if stock was a 10/10 in comfort, after the spring installation it is between somewhere around a 9-9.5. Not bouncy, but can feel the road slightly more (which is a good thing for me). In terms of performance, cornering is a a lot more fun and planted, less body roll, and the car feels more planted overall. This is a good compromise for those who use this vehicle as their daily driver.

I would recommend these springs over h&r and eibach any day...

Also note: for those who want drastic improvements in handling (and in turn sacrificing more comfort), coilovers would be the way to go. The improvement from these springs for handling is moderate in comparison to other, more expensive options
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 07:05 PM   #12
DC650
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650i

Quote:
Heres some pics after the springs were installed and settled

I agree with the majority of the other reviews i have seen online. Performance has definitely increased with little sacrifice to comfort. I would have to say if stock was a 10/10 in comfort, after the spring installation it is between somewhere around a 9-9.5. Not bouncy, but can feel the road slightly more (which is a good thing for me). In terms of performance, cornering is a a lot more fun and planted, less body roll, and the car feels more planted overall. This is a good compromise for those who use this vehicle as their daily driver.

I would recommend these springs over h&r and eibach any day...

Also note: for those who want drastic improvements in handling (and in turn sacrificing more comfort), coilovers would be the way to go. The improvement from these springs for handling is moderate in comparison to other, more expensive options
Car looks great!! I would say the only thing left to do is a front splitter to tie it all together. Overall, killer!! So you went with the AC's? What trunk spoiler is that?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 09:09 PM   #13
araithat
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC650 View Post
Car looks great!! I would say the only thing left to do is a front splitter to tie it all together. Overall, killer!! So you went with the AC's? What trunk spoiler is that?
Thanks! It's the oem bmw carbon fibre spoiler. I went a replica route initially, but couldn't deal with the poor fitment (little OCD). I'd recommend the acs springs to preserve the ride even though it's not as low as others.

I been back on forth on a front lip. Don't really love the reasonably prices options at the moment.. Also I'm scared if winter. I've seen quite a few front lips get damaged.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #14
DC650
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650i

Quote:
Thanks! It's the oem bmw carbon fibre spoiler. I went a replica route initially, but couldn't deal with the poor fitment (little OCD). I'd recommend the acs springs to preserve the ride even though it's not as low as others.

I been back on forth on a front lip. Don't really love the reasonably prices options at the moment.. Also I'm scared if winter. I've seen quite a few front lips get damaged.
Thanks for the tips! I don't want to loose ride quality and don't want it too low either. Sounds like ACS springs are the way to go. I thought the same about the front splitter. I've already got really really close to hitting my front bumper. If it was lowered with a splitter I would of done damage already.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 12:17 AM   #15
Khalil
Rep
Drives: 650iX

Another 650 Gran Coupe X drive owner in Canada - yes!

I've been searching and searching for an Xdrive 650 GC with the AC springs installed, so thank you for undertaking this! A couple questions for you:

-Where did you end up purchasing the springs and how did they price out?
-How much was the install and do you know how many hours it took?
-What would you estimate the drop in inches to be, front and back?
-Can you please take a few more side profile photos?

Also - the back end of your car is . What exhaust/tips and diffuser do you have on there?

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #16
araithat
Enlisted Member
Rep

I purchased the springs directly from ac schnitzer USA. I didn't want to go through a third party. They gave me 10% off simply because I asked In a nice way. Total was 540 USD plus shipping 60 USD. Also don't forget duty charges coming into Canada. They aren't cheap but the extra 300 - 400 was worth is for me compared to the alternatives.

The install was not cheap. 380 CAD plus 80 CAD for alignment after they settled. The drop is about an inch. I wouldn't want lower because it will put too much strain on the vehicle and it will have too much camber Imo. If you want to go over an inch I'd go for coilovers.

Thanks for the compliment! The back I put the most money on. The diffuser was from rwcarbn. Fitment was not bad. As for the exhaust I just changed the tips. The tips were generic 4 inch Stainless steel ones that I powder coated gloss black. This normally would not fit a 650i but I got my exhaust guy to make an s pipe to accommodate for the size of the new tips. I had to sacrifice my actuators for this process to work. I do get little drone but not like what has been reported on the forum from removing the mufflers themselves.

I'll get some more pics up when I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
Another 650 Gran Coupe X drive owner in Canada - yes!

I've been searching and searching for an Xdrive 650 GC with the AC springs installed, so thank you for undertaking this! A couple questions for you:

-Where did you end up purchasing the springs and how did they price out?
-How much was the install and do you know how many hours it took?
-What would you estimate the drop in inches to be, front and back?
-Can you please take a few more side profile photos?

Also - the back end of your car is . What exhaust/tips and diffuser do you have on there?

TIA!
Appreciate 0