BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
seanmle
Rep
Drives: 2013 640i Gran Coupe

Loose Front PDC

My front PDC got loose and fell behind the bumper. I took it the dealer and they told me it would be a $500 job to remove the bumper. The sensor that is loose is just right under the kidney grill.

Anyway I can push it back it? Is it easy to remove the bumper yourself? Are they any DIY instructions? I've search the forums and can not find one.

This is for a '13 640i GC.

Thanks,

Sean
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
drmlee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F06 650i

the sensor just snaps/clips into place assuming that part is not broken. worst case scenario you would have to glue/jb weld it, if the tabs snapped. its not hard to remove the bumper and pretty straight forward.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
seanmle
Rep
Drives: 2013 640i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmlee View Post
the sensor just snaps/clips into place assuming that part is not broken. worst case scenario you would have to glue/jb weld it, if the tabs snapped. its not hard to remove the bumper and pretty straight forward.
Do you know where I can find steps to remove the bumper?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 06:18 AM   #4
roozbeh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

Hi seanmle,

I had the same problem with my 640d. You don't need to remove the bumper at all. All you have to do is to rotate your wheels completely to left/right so that you have enough space to take your hand inside, there are three screws that you can open and you can have access to the behind of your bumper and put back your PDC. The space is a bit tight, but it will save a lot of time and you won't have to spend so much time opening your bumper.
Appreciate 0