BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-07-2015, 10:46 PM   #1
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Android - Connected App's?

Is there any Android connectivity on 2016 six?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
Cirroc
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Not when last I checked. Here was my solution:
I bought a refurb iPod touch and loaded it with the BMW Connected App, plus Rhapsody and Pandora apps. I have the iPod plugged into the USB outlet in the armrest box of my M6. When I get in my car, I have a NFC tag I touch with my Nexus phone that (among other things) turns on the wifi hotspot function. My iPod connects with the hotspot and I use the connected app with all the iOS functionality. It works well. [In fact, the only downside (apart from the cost of the iPod) is that the data the iPod draws from my phone counts against my T-Mobile allotment. If I were to run Rhapsody or Pandora on my Nexus, it does not count against my cap.]

Good luck.
      11-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirroc View Post
Not when last I checked. Here was my solution:
I bought a refurb iPod touch and loaded it with the BMW Connected App, plus Rhapsody and Pandora apps. I have the iPod plugged into the USB outlet in the armrest box of my M6. When I get in my car, I have a NFC tag I touch with my Nexus phone that (among other things) turns on the wifi hotspot function. My iPod connects with the hotspot and I use the connected app with all the iOS functionality. It works well. [In fact, the only downside (apart from the cost of the iPod) is that the data the iPod draws from my phone counts against my T-Mobile allotment. If I were to run Rhapsody or Pandora on my Nexus, it does not count against my cap.]

Good luck.
I do something similar, except instead of the nfc tag, I use tasker to turn on a hotspot as soon as the android connects to the cars bluetooth. It then turns off the hotspot when bluetooth disconnects.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #5
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sounds like more work that I'm wiling to do.. although I have a six plus so guess I'll load the BMW APP? and see what connected app's is all about.
Appreciate 0