BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #1
Aussie_Bimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Newbie - Help with purchase

Hi All

I have been a long time reader of these forums and have been looking to purchase a 640i gran coupe.

In Australia, they are fairly rare so finding one used with the exact specs you are after can be difficult. I have however managed to find one with is pretty much what I am after however I do have a few questions which I would be grateful for any assistance;

1. The particular car I am interested has most of the options I was after but without surround view cameras. My current BMW has the birds eye camera (X5) which makes it so easy to park. Is this something you could live without?

2. Comfort Access - on the 6er does that include opening of the trunk via swiping your foot similar to other models?

3. Depreciation - the car in question is 20 months old. I know that the 6 series (and 7) is one of the worst BMW;s for depreciation. From my estimates it has already depreciated around 33% based on its used price (without negotiations). As I will be financing the vehicle I am trying to work out a realistic residual payment. I am thinking depreciation on the 6 series is most severe in the first 1-2 years but will slow a little?

4. Leather - is has black dakota leather. The leather on the dash however seems to be different?

Thanks for all your help,
Appreciate 0