BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-06-2015, 01:03 AM   #23
variable229
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur-F10 View Post
I have 15% on the sides and 30% on the front windshield. Love it!
How do you not get tint tickets in LA?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #24
tarmant
tarmant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i-xDrive, Dravit Grey

Window tinting ?

I recently took USA delivery of my ED delivery 2016 M6 Grand Coupe, fantastic car. I immediately had the windows tinted as I do all my cars. I had the LLumar tint installed at 15% sides and rear. Allowing 2 weeks for the tint to fully cure/dry, I returned to the shop to inquire as to why I have blemishes/spots/open areas on the windows along the window edges on sides and all around the outer edge of my rear window. The explanation I have got is that on the M6 coupe BMW has "dots" patterned of up to 1" in width in/on the glass and the tint film can not fully adhere around them. The rear window has these dots on the edge top, bottom and sides. This problem is extremely unsightly when you look closely at the car and takes away from an otherwise beautiful car.

Has anyone experienced or heard of this problem. The installer has no solution and I may need to just remove the tint film.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0