BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      01-17-2017, 04:41 AM   #1
thiscarlife
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe F06 LCI

buying used 2012 640i GC warranty

Hello everyone, I'm located in Sydney and looking to buy a used 640i GC. Currently in budget are both 2012 640i, one is premium selection with 38,000km and the other is 18000km private seller. I'm leaning more towards the non cpo since it has less k's and favorable options (B&O and white interior).

Question is, is there any way of getting the car warrantied for a premium if it passes a certain check/inspection? since i'm assuming it's already past the warranty coverage. Or, should I just not bother about warranty? how safe is the 640i gc without warranty? Also, without warranty, I can freely tune and mod the exhaust including downpipes etc...

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

I've had my 640i GC for 1 month now and as soon as I drove it off the lot, I noticed a clicking sound in my steering column. All I can say is that, I'm glad I decided on a CPO. When I was shopping for the car, I was tempted to by an off warranty car because they're at least $3-4k cheaper and there are more to choose from (even considered an off warranty M6 for the same price). Alot of bang for your buck but ultimately, I played it safe and paid extra for a CPO and am so glad I did. With these cars, there are so many things that can go wrong and for me, it's better safe than sorry because a small steering wheel click could've costs me thousands.
Appreciate 1