BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #1
bshep604
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Garage List
Went to the drag strip last night

First off I've never been to a drag strip in my life. So I thought it was time to go and see what it was all about. I planned on just watching, but nope I had to try it! It was a test and tune event and for a small fee you could go as many times as you wanted. It is an 1/8 mile strip and it was so much fun! A few of the guys with 1000+ HP drag cars were very impressed with my car and its respectable times. Amazingly it would break loose anywhere up to about 75 mph! In fact my last run about half way down the rear went to the side enough to scare me and I let off. In reality I bet it was only a couple inches. Lol. All of my runs were done without the launch control. I have never tried launch control and I was very nervous about trying it due to no traction control. I did have it in MDM and D mode.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshep604 View Post
First off I've never been to a drag strip in my life. So I thought it was time to go and see what it was all about. I planned on just watching, but nope I had to try it! It was a test and tune event and for a small fee you could go as many times as you wanted. It is an 1/8 mile strip and it was so much fun! A few of the guys with 1000+ HP drag cars were very impressed with my car and its respectable times. Amazingly it would break loose anywhere up to about 75 mph! In fact my last run about half way down the rear went to the side enough to scare me and I let off. In reality I bet it was only a couple inches. Lol. All of my runs were done without the launch control. I have never tried launch control and I was very nervous about trying it due to no traction control. I did have it in MDM and D mode.
Congrats! Glad you enjoyed it and keep going it will only make you better!
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshep604 View Post
Nice! I must visit one too soon, haven't been yet. Keep it at, must be loads of fun. And I don't think you should worry about having no traction control, you are going lightning fast-straight anyway . Jokes aside, I tested launch control on a normal B-road, it launches hard but there is no wheelspin, so no worry about that. I'm not sure why it breaks loose at 75 MPH though. If you are ready, you should try launch control, might shave off some time. Don't blame me if you total your wonderful machine though
Appreciate 0