BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #1
M6Hoggers
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Coupe F13

AC Schnitzer export exhaust on my M6

I'm just sat waiting at BMW Cooper in Durham, UK whilst they fit an AC Schnitzer export version exhaust to my M6.

I haven't heard one on an M6 in real life so I'm hoping it will be a good result.

I just felt the M6 was too quiet for a V8 4.4L until you get to very high in the rev range. I also don't like the whole piped sound thing that BMW have done on recent turbo M cars... just feels very fake for what's meant to be a thrilling and engaging car anyway. I know it's all about emissions and efficiency but it does dampen things a bit I feel.

Anyway, I know a local owner of another Sakhir Orange M6 so will do some side by side videos at standstill and on the road with a GoPro.

Will post it and you can see for yourself.
      04-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

I for one am really looking forward to seeing this.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 09:41 AM   #3
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

I agree about the motor being toned down, but it's a personal choice and BMW errs on the conservative side. My Turner pipes are perfect. I wouldn't change a thing.

Looking forward to the videos.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 01:59 AM   #4
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

Hi, I am near your neck of the woods, would be nice to catch up one day and have a hear at that new sound . Would that void the warranty of the car ?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 02:15 AM   #5
M6Hoggers
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Coupe F13

Michel - happy to catch up sometime as you're not fat from me. Will PM you.

On the warranty I chose AC Schnitzer because they are one of the few tuner parts that BMW main dealers will fit themselves and won't invalidate it. It's one of the selling points for ACS. That's what I believe anyway.. but do your own research of course
      04-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
potassium3000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Hi - I am intrigued as well. Went with Supersprint and later Evolve on my last E60 as that too was quiet but personally and just paid a few quid to get insurance covered (was out of warranty). I have only been driving it for 3 weeks so not bored yet.

Subscribed
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #7
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel lane View Post
Hi, I am near your neck of the woods, would be nice to catch up one day and have a hear at that new sound . Would that void the warranty of the car ?
I guess they could always try to figure a way around it, but BMW sells the Akropovic system through their parts system. I cannot imagine how they could void your warranty because you chose a different brand when they offer a similar system. I guess it might be possible if the components or construction or installation could be shown to be so shoddy that they caused some problem, but most of the exhaust system makers are using quality materials and construction. Like a lot of the stuff people here are doing to their cars, it looks to me like it all boils down to a matter of personal taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Hoggers View Post
Michel - happy to catch up sometime as you're not fat from me. Will PM you.

On the warranty I chose AC Schnitzer because they are one of the few tuner parts that BMW main dealers will fit themselves and won't invalidate it. It's one of the selling points for ACS. That's what I believe anyway.. but do your own research of course
When I first discovered Bimmers back in the early '70s, both AC Schnitzer and Alpina were already respected driving forces in upgrading Bimmers. They were well known then as producing quality stuff. It's little wonder that a dealer would not hesitate to install Schnitzer products.

Of course you should do your own research. But when you do it also check out what the TUV requires parts makers to go through before their products can be installed on cars used on German roads. It sure impressed the heck out of me back in the '70s.
Appreciate 0