BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Vorsteiner Diffuser w/ Eisenmann Ovals - Any Pics?

I would like to pull the trigger on ordering the Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser but I have the Eisenmann Oval Tips on my M6. I am a bit worried that the ovals won't look right with the diffuser.

Does anyone have any pics of this combination?

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
I would like to pull the trigger on ordering the Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser but I have the Eisenmann Oval Tips on my M6. I am a bit worried that the ovals won't look right with the diffuser.

Does anyone have any pics of this combination?

Brian
Never seen it myself but I think it should look good. Should fill the gap between the diffuser and bumper better than any other tips.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

I say it will look good. If you won't like it, then new tips are very affordable

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Ok I appreciate your guys input as I was a little skeptical.

I was thinking new tips would be an option but these tips are welded on and re-welding new tips scares me in terms of the new tips being exactly straight (I am very picky). Anyone ever have new tips re-welded on existing mufflers?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
ll1l2l1l2lll
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000

This is the E63 M6 diffuser, fairly similar so you can kind of get an idea of what it'll look like. I doubt you'll have any issues, it'll just come down to your personal preference from there. I think it'll look sick.

In terms of going with other tips, and the tips being off centered/not straight. Generally exhaust shops will tack weld it, let you check it out, adjust, and then weld the rest in. I wouldn't be too worried about it being off unless you go to some humpty dump shop.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #6
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

My main concern with the ovals is the centering of the oval tips horizontally. I know the ovals are tucked up into the lower bumper and I am worried there will be too much open spam below the ovals where the Vorsteiner comes under the tips.

Also on the subject of tips... I like the look of the titanium burnt tips as they are a bit different looking (which is a good thing). I've seem them on Ferraris but I wanted to get some opinions from you guys, are they too JDM-esque or are we OK to put them on our rides? I think they look badass personally!

Brian

Last edited by bigbrian; 07-10-2014 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
ll1l2l1l2lll
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
My main concern with the ovals is the centering of the oval tips horizontally. I know the ovals are tucked up into the lower bumper and I am worried there will be too much open spam below the ovals where the Vorsteiner comes under the tips.

Also on the subject of tips... I like the look of the titanium burnt tips as they are a bit different looking (which is a good thing). I've seem them on Ferraris but I wanted to get some opinions from you guys, are they too JDM-esque or are we OK to put them on our rides? I think they look badass personally!

Brian
TI tips are overly done by the Japanese crowd - Not necessarily a bad thing but I wouldn't say it's different per se.

I think TI tips would look great on a dark colored car such as Singapore Gray or Black Sapphire (or even white)... I think they would look disgusting on say... Orange. I personally would keep them chrome, brushed, or a matte silver such as your current ovals. Gloss Black or Carbon Fiber would look great as well, the tips and diffuser would complement each other without looking like a black blob.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #8
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

I have the Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser with the Meistershaft 102mm black tips and it looks insane. Although not oval, the 102mm tips are pretty big, so I'm sure your tips will fill up the area nicely. Do it!

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 09:04 PM   #9
Ameer ///M6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 M6 GC & 07 bmw M6 & F90 M5

If you want do this set up you will have to do one of the following. Buy a new top rear diffuser from IND which is about $400 not including the paint to match the car.
I personally got crafty and used a dremmel to shave away part of the OEM diffuser to fit the pipes since the pipes won't with the stock upper part, still looks clean. If you want to add the Vorsteiner diffuser you will need keep the stock upper part and just add the lower V. diffuser. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #10
Ameer ///M6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 M6 GC & 07 bmw M6 & F90 M5

without the new diffuser on

You may be able to see the cut out part i did.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #11
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

I have the oval exhaust tips on now (they were on the car when I bought it) and I can see how the previous owner cut out the upper section so the ovals would fit.

I think I am probably over-thinking the whole thing from the feedback you guys have given me. I think the ovals will look good with the Vorsteiner diffuser. I just had to post this because when spending money on something like this I want to make sure I am right the first time.

I appreciate the feedback guys! I really do!

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #12
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Well I ordered the Vorsteiner Diffuser. I guess since I cannot find any pics with the ovals I will take some pics when it's installed and be first guy with Ovals and a Vorsteiner (as far as I know at least).

Brian
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #13
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
Well I ordered the Vorsteiner Diffuser. I guess since I cannot find any pics with the ovals I will take some pics when it's installed and be first guy with Ovals and a Vorsteiner (as far as I know at least).

Brian
How do you like the exhaust sound by the way? I know Meisterschaft and Eisenmann sound a lot louder than Akrapovic

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #14
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim View Post
How do you like the exhaust sound by the way? I know Meisterschaft and Eisenmann sound a lot louder than Akrapovic
The sound is amazing but then again I have not heard the Akra or Meisterschaft in person. Without hearing an exhaust in person it's hard to compare just using internet video/sound clips.

I will say the number one thing (since I've gotten the exhaust) that anyone says is "wow that sounds incredible". I see people literally stick their head out of their window to listen closer when I pass by them in parking lots (you can hear the whistling). I was flagged down by a construction crew on the way to the office because they've heard my car pass by them every morning and they wanted to ask me about the sound.

The sound these cars make when the exhaust is free flowing is amazing. I would LOVE to hear an Akra or Meisterschaft because I bet the music they make is incredible!

Brian
Appreciate 0