BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-23-2015, 02:10 AM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Bali

Been thinking about it for a while and finally, after 45 hours of flights and waiting at airports, I've made it to Bali.

I've been here for a little over 2 days now. The guy I rented a room from took me on a tour the whole day yesterday. I got to see Monkey Forest, did the Luwok (sp?) coffee plantation tour and tasting, visited a few temples and did the Holy Springs cleansing.

Today I am out exploring Ubud center and just finished the Campuhan Ridge Walk. I'm chilling at Karsa Kafe with a fresh coconut staring out into the serene scenery.

Thanks to you guys and especially Bimmette for the advice in the other thread and for pushing me to go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 02:15 AM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Some pix
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 02:20 AM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

More pix
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 02:24 AM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Even more pix.

The guy's village does wood carving so his family does it as well. I have the entire second floor to myself along with a gazebo where I chill early morning (I wake up very early and catch the sunrise) and late evening.

I was walking and took a left turn, wandered around and came across a little wooden bridge and a small creek. Also stumbled on a cemetery and not knowing it until I noticed the little tombstones.

Last pix is Karsa Kafe where I'm chilling as we speak. Will be having a very early dinner here too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 02:45 AM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Thinking about it, I think I have managed to Eat, Pray, and Love (the island) all in just 2 short days thus far.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 05:44 AM   #6
ipso_facto
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport (Sports Auto)

Really amazing ... some great shots ... thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #7
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

My wife and I got back from Bali a little over a month ago. Getting there is the hard part...

We loved it as well. People are nice, food was great, our hotel in Legian was fantastic. Even got the bartenders to learn how to make a frappe for me.

We rented a driver, and tour guide to take us to a lot of the non-tourist trap stuff. Had a great time exploring the island, surfing and watching the sunsets at different beaches.

Have a blast and a Bintang for me!

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #8
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

A lot of photos look very similar...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #9
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Yay! Glad you're having a good time! Hope you are feeling relaxed! Yeah I'm pretty sure I told you that you don't need a lot of time in Ubud. Go check out the coasts now! North or South!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #10
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Well the last day in Bali was uneventful...I didn't do much at all and was bummed out about something.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #11
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22
Well the last day in Bali was uneventful...I didn't do much at all and was bummed out about something.
Bummed out about your sightseeing or about a bigger life issue in general?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 04:41 PM   #12
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
So I was at a cafe after doing the ridge walk yesterday and met this Chinese girl who was born and lives in Paris. We walked down the hill together and really hit it off. We pulled off the path and sat by the hillside trying to catch the sunset (her idea). Afterwards I asked my driver to drop her off at her hotel and asked if she would like to join me sightseeing tomorrow, she said sure why not. Exchanged numbers and I went home.

After we got home my driver/friend whom I rented the room from said to message her and ask what she wants to do since she's been to Bali before. I said I don't want to text so soon and besides, why should I plan things around her. He said who cares since it's my last day (basically be more aggressive). So I messaged her like he suggested. Next morning I messaged her asking if she was going to join me. A little while later I decided to just go out and if she wants to join she can. So I messages her that when she is ready to be picked up just let me know. As we were leaving the house I was checking messages on WhatsApp (wifi is bad here) and I needed to talk to my brother about something. Anyhow, I noticed that she's "online" and probably had just woke up. I told my driver that and he said tell her we'll come pick her up right now. I was hesitant because IMO that was pushy and I don't like that. In the end I listened to him and sent the message. She responded back saying "thank you but stop texting me. I already have my day planned."

It was then that I realized I shouldn't have listened to the guy and that I f'ed it up. I actually looked forward to hanging out with her for a while that day too. That would have sealed the wonderful Bali experience for me. Instead, I was really bummed out. I felt like I've been misunderstood since that's not who I am. Kind of reminded me of Sara's thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #13
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So I was at a cafe after doing the ridge walk yesterday and met this Chinese girl who was born and loves in Paris. We walked down the hill together and really hit it off. We pulled off the path and say by the hillside trying to catch the sunset. Afterwards I asked my driver to drop her off at her hotel and asked if she would like to join me sightseeing tomorrow, she said sure why not. Exchanged numbers and I went home.

After we got home my driver/friend whom I rented the room from said to message her and ask what she wants to do since she's been to Bali before. I said I don't want to text so soon and besides, why should I plan things around her. He said who cares since it's my last day (basically be more aggressive). So I messaged her like he suggested. Next morning I messaged her asking if she was going to join me. A little while later I decided to just go out and if she wants to join she can. So I messages her that when she is ready to be picked up just let me know. As we were leaving the house I was checking messages on WhatsApp (wifi is bad here) and I needed to talk to my brother about something. Anyhow, I noticed that she's "online" and probably had just woke up. I told my driver that and he said tell her we'll come pick her up right now. I was hesitant because IMO that was pushy and I don't like that. In the end I listened to him and sent the message. She responded back saying "thank you but stop texting me. I already have my day planned."

It was then that I realized I shouldn't have listened to the guy and that I f'ed it up. I actually looked forward to hanging out with her for a while that day too. That would have sealed the wonderful Bali experience for me. Instead, I was really bummed out. I felt like I've been misunderstood since that's not who I am. Kind of reminded me of Sara's thread.
Actually I think your driver was right to be more aggressive and just text her. It's not like you had a lot of time to wait around. I guess she just wasn't into you as much as you thought. Don't blame the driver. Anyways, c'est la vie.....
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #14
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually I think your driver was right to be more aggressive and just text her. It's not like you had a lot of time to wait around. I guess she just wasn't into you as much as you thought. Don't blame the driver. Anyways, c'est la vie.....
Yeah, and I kind of agree with you and him too. Hence I did it against my better judgment. Not really blaming him as it was ultimately up to me. I guess It was just very blunt and frankly was a bit shocking to me. I may have misread the situation so I guess I was taken aback a bit. But whatever, after a good nap yesterday I was over it (the lack of sleep the last 4-5 days really got to me too).

Btw, nice play on the French phrase. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 04:52 PM   #15
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, and I kind of agree with you and him too. Hence I did it against my better judgment. Not really blaming him as it was ultimately up to me. I guess It was just very blunt and frankly was a bit shocking to me. I may have misread the situation so I guess I was taken aback a bit. But whatever, after a good nap yesterday I was over it (the lack of sleep the last 4-5 days really got to me too).

Hehe

You headed home already or another country now?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #16
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
Quote:

Hehe

I'm going to the airport in a few hours to hopefully catch a flight to Malaysia and then to Vietnam. Should be in VN by this evening. Plan is to spend the rest of this week there and then fly back home.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:01 PM   #17
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

I think next time I come to Bali I'm going to bring a girl with me (hint hint).
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #18
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
So I was at a cafe after doing the ridge walk yesterday and met this Chinese girl who was born and lives in Paris. We walked down the hill together and really hit it off. We pulled off the path and sat by the hillside trying to catch the sunset (her idea). Afterwards I asked my driver to drop her off at her hotel and asked if she would like to join me sightseeing tomorrow, she said sure why not. Exchanged numbers and I went home.

Hey at least you didn't lock your infant in a car to meet your one night stand chance kind girl who you thought was the marrying kind.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:03 PM   #19
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hehe

I'm going to the airport in a few hours to hopefully catch a flight to Malaysia and then to Vietnam. Should be in VN by this evening. Plan is to spend the rest of this week there and then fly back home.
Ah, sounds good! KL is a decent airport for a stopover. There's a good cheap food court with yummy local food (and also a Burger King haha).
Good luck catching your flights!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:03 PM   #20
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post

Hey at least you didn't lock your infant in a car to meet your one night stand chance kind girl who you thought was the marrying kind.
Not sure if it was supposed to make me feel better but it did. Lol

Thanks for that!
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #21
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think next time I come to Bali I'm going to bring a girl with me (hint hint).
Haha, cool
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:07 PM   #22
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hehe

Ah, sounds good! KL is a decent airport for a stopover. There's a good cheap food court with yummy local food (and also a Burger King haha).
Good luck catching your flights!
I would have loved to spend a few days in Singapore or Malaysia but really have no time. If I extended my vaca I know for sure my boss would throw a fit.

Flight to VN has about 50 seats open and flight from DPS to KL has about 5. So that's going to be the main catch. If I can get to Malaysia it will be okay after. Well hey, maybe another day in Bali wouldn't be too bad right?
Appreciate 0