BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #23
tkila
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 CS

When you're buying a car, they treat you like kings. When they take your money, they treat you like shit. Same goes with any other business.

There was a used Xdrive Gran Coupe that had only 900km and the owner had lost $20K cdn on it.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

I own a POS 2013 650i GC with ongoing drivetrain malfunction and excessive engine oil burn. BMW NA does nothing and ignore me. Damian.Warchol@bmwnacr.com, my case manager, decides to ignore and avoid my calls and chose not to contact me. Damn BMW dealers I took to took my car out for joy rides and does nothing but blame the gas I filled. Anyway, I found that this V8 engine is just not compatible with 91 octane gas in California under load which my drivetrain malfunction issue can be replicated on any of these engines. This is my 7 BMWs I owned in the past 12 years, and they still treat me like dirt. I am a bit busy these days, so I don't have time to deal with them. When I have time, I will see if my attorney will be interested in some class action lawsuit on this matter. If BMW choose to do the right thing in timely manner, I would not mind overlooking problems I have with this POS.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #25
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78
I own a POS 2013 650i GC with ongoing drivetrain malfunction and excessive engine oil burn. BMW NA does nothing and ignore me. Damian.Warchol@bmwnacr.com, my case manager, decides to ignore and avoid my calls and chose not to contact me. Damn BMW dealers I took to took my car out for joy rides and does nothing but blame the gas I filled. Anyway, I found that this V8 engine is just not compatible with 91 octane gas in California under load which my drivetrain malfunction issue can be replicated on any of these engines. This is my 7 BMWs I owned in the past 12 years, and they still treat me like dirt. I am a bit busy these days, so I don't have time to deal with them. When I have time, I will see if my attorney will be interested in some class action lawsuit on this matter. If BMW choose to do the right thing in timely manner, I would not mind overlooking problems I have with this POS.
Wow. It is truly a shame to hear that someone who has been a loyal patron with a corporation for so long , would be treated that way.

when I picked up my GC earlier this year, and complained about the harsh ride quality and the low oil issues, you were one of the first people to encourage me to stick with it, and gave advice on how to approach those situations, so to hear you call such a highly coveted, and highly priced car a POS, makes it worse even more so.

Hang in there. Don't let them get you frustrated enough to give up. Take it all the way up the Chain of Command until the do something to accommodate a customer who has been lining their pockets for 12 years. You definitely deserve and earned the right to be treated as well as a brand new customer who could be "on the fence" and not treated as the "oh, that guy again". Stay strong.
      08-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #26
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Wow. It is truly a shame to hear that someone who has been a loyal patron with a corporation for so long , would be treated that way.

when I picked up my GC earlier this year, and complained about the harsh ride quality and the low oil issues, you were one of the first people to encourage me to stick with it, and gave advice on how to approach those situations, so to hear you call such a highly coveted, and highly priced car a POS, makes it worse even more so.

Hang in there. Don't let them get you frustrated enough to give up. Take it all the way up the Chain of Command until the do something to accommodate a customer who has been lining their pockets for 12 years. You definitely deserve and earned the right to be treated as well as a brand new customer who could be "on the fence" and not treated as the "oh, that guy again". Stay strong.
Thanks Samurai for your kind words, POS term is only for my car and the two dealerships I went to, Century West BMW in North Hollywood, CA and Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA. POS term can probably be used to describe my BMW case manager, Damian Warchol, as well. I should have leased this POS instead of purchasing it, so I know I don't have to own these problems after three years. I have to drive around with a quart of engine oil and a bottle of octane booster all the time b/c I hate seeing/stuck with "Drivetain Malfunction" or "Low Engine Oil" error when driving. I'm willing to think that it was a fluke that I end up with a car with excessive issues, but poor customer service just aggravated me to the next level. POS currently has roughly 5500 miles, and I am absolutely frustrated with it. BMW customer service's next move will determine if I will remain a loyal customer which they probably don't give a damn anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #27
EBMCS03
M5 Extraordinare!
Rep
Drives: GC shopping

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your problems... This kinda sways me to the 640 instead of the 650. I hate getting the Low Engine Oil message. I too drove with a new quart of oil in the trunk of the M5 all the time. It needed a quart every 2-3k miles... and it would all of a sudden jump from half full to Please add +1 quart, it was unpredictable...
2008 ///M5 SMG | Alpine White | Black Full Merino Leather w/Aluminum Trim | Logic 7 | iPod Adapter | HUD | Heated / Ventilated & Adaptive Comfort Seats | Comfort Access | Rear Side Airbags | Rear Side Sunshades | Folding Rear Seats | 35% Sides 15% Rear Windshield Tint
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #28
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78
Quote:

Thanks Samurai for your kind words, POS term is only for my car and the two dealerships I went to, Century West BMW in North Hollywood, CA and Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA. POS term can probably be used to describe my BMW case manager, Damian Warchol, as well. I should have leased this POS instead of purchasing it, so I know I don't have to own these problems after three years. I have to drive around with a quart of engine oil and a bottle of octane booster all the time b/c I hate seeing/stuck with "Drivetain Malfunction" or "Low Engine Oil" error when driving. I'm willing to think that it was a fluke that I end up with a car with excessive issues, but poor customer service just aggravated me to the next level. POS currently has roughly 5500 miles, and I am absolutely frustrated with it. BMW customer service's next move will determine if I will remain a loyal customer which they probably don't give a damn anyway.
I can understand your frustration. I'm sure any of us would feel the same way. I remember how frustrated I felt when I had to add a quart of oil for the third time, and my car has less than 4000 miles on it, so I can imagine how you must feel with the ongoing drivetrain issues.

Glad you shouted out the people and dealerships that have been ignoring your problems. With poor customer service like that, they deserve to be black listed.

Hey, if your attorney can get you some compensation under some sort of lemon law deal, ...a new car always cheers me up!! might do the same for you! Don't give up the fight.
      08-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #29
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMCS03 View Post
That sucks. Sorry to hear about your problems... This kinda sways me to the 640 instead of the 650. I hate getting the Low Engine Oil message. I too drove with a new quart of oil in the trunk of the M5 all the time. It needed a quart every 2-3k miles... and it would all of a sudden jump from half full to Please add +1 quart, it was unpredictable...
I'm considering Tesla Model S P 85+ because of lame issues. Plus, they will be offering 4 wheel drive next year. I might trade in POS and station wagon for it and downsize to one car and possibly a sport bike.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #30
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can understand your frustration. I'm sure any of us would feel the same way. I remember how frustrated I felt when I had to add a quart of oil for the third time, and my car has less than 4000 miles on it, so I can imagine how you must feel with the ongoing drivetrain issues.

Glad you shouted out the people and dealerships that have been ignoring your problems. With poor customer service like that, they deserve to be black listed.

Hey, if your attorney can get you some compensation under some sort of lemon law deal, ...a new car always cheers me up!! might do the same for you! Don't give up the fight.
Poor customer service is the main topic. It has been a love/hate relationship with this car. I actually love the car but hate the lousy issues with it along with lousy dealerships mentioned. I would stick to the same car if they choose to buy it back rather than fixing it. But with poor customer service, that idea is slowly departing.

Thanks Samurai, I shall not give up a good fight.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #31
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i xDrive Convertible

Ai just priced out your car (assume xDrive) with the list options and it comes to nearly $111k. Thr new build requires active front seats to replace what used to be in the seating package. FYi the build tool on BMW site is still not accurate as you have deselect and result some package options to update.

BASE MSRP
$91,400
Black Sapphire Metallic$0
Black Nappa Leather$0
Gray Poplar Wood trim$0
Cold Weather Package$450
Driver Assistance Plus$1,900
Executive Package$5,200
Lighting Package$1,900
M Sport Package$4,400
Active front seats$1,000
Bang & Olufsen Sound System$3,700
Destination & Handling:$925
BMW Ultimate Service™
Total MSRP as Built $110,875
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #32
delano
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 F12 & 2013 Rover S/C

You need to reach out to a lemon law attorney, I think it's only 3 or 4 times it has been into service for the same issue and they HAVE to buy it back and give you most of what you've paid into it. Doesn't matter what the manufacturer claims is the reason. I've done it with a Range Rover and my friend did it with a BMW 7 series. Needless to say I have both in my garage again cause they're both great cars...most of the time.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #33
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delano View Post
You need to reach out to a lemon law attorney, I think it's only 3 or 4 times it has been into service for the same issue and they HAVE to buy it back and give you most of what you've paid into it. Doesn't matter what the manufacturer claims is the reason. I've done it with a Range Rover and my friend did it with a BMW 7 series. Needless to say I have both in my garage again cause they're both great cars...most of the time.
Thanks Delano, I will definitely look into it. Poor customer service ruins the brand completely...
Appreciate 0