BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
Andrew@SW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

This is what happens when you get pulled over in an M5!

Pure Epicness!

Check out one of the latest BMW projects to get a set of Strasse Wheels installed!

This beautiful Montecarlo Blue ///M5 is sporting a set of 20" SM7 Deep Concave wheels. This ///M5 is rocking a full Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust which compliment the cars aggressive looks while giving it an aggressive exhaust tone and adding a bit of horse power. The stock rear diffuser has been upgraded to the Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Aero Rear Diffuser. It has also been equipped with a RKP Front Splitter. The ///M5 is surrounded with little cosmetic changes that give it a nice personal touch, including: The IND OEM F10 M5 Painted Trunk Badge, and the The IND F10 M5 Cosmetic Package. The suspension has also been modified to a H&R Sport Spring Set, which gives the ///M5 the perfect hight to complement the wheels. Last but definitely not least inside the engine bay, to top off the ///M5, has had its intake upgraded to the highly coveted GruppeM Intake!

These modifications come together to make this ///M5 beautifully aggressive and still very functional. Let us know what you guys think! . The wheels are going to be refinished to something special so stay tuned to for an updated shot!

Strasse Wheels - BMW F10 M5 SM7 Deep Concave by Strasse_Andrew, on Flickr

Wheel Specs:
SM7 Deep Concave
20x10 front/ 20x11 rear
-Matte Gold Centers
-Gloss Black Lips
-Gloss Black Inner Barrels
-Performance Spec Weight Reduction Chambers
-Performance Spec Stud Package
-Matte Gold Aluminum Center Caps

Tire Specs:
Pirelli P Zero Nero
-265/35/20
-305/30/20

For wheel question and inquires feel free to contact me at (305)484-1523 or at Andrew@StrasseWheels.com.

Last edited by Andrew@SW; 02-27-2014 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 of a kind ;)

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Thumbs up Looks Great!!!

Driving a M5 too Slow is a Crime
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Appreciate 1
      02-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

they sentence you to 3 years with ugly wheels and a matching diffuser on your car?!?!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #5
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
they sentence you to 3 years with ugly wheels and a matching diffuser on your car?!?!
Haha - damn thats harsh!

But for me, wheels with black lips and different color centers always look weird to me - seems like something is missing.
      02-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

The 70s called.... they want their patrol car back!
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
Stuartlogan77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickC23
Quote:
Haha - damn thats harsh!

But for me, wheels with black lips and different color centers always look weird to me - seems like something is missing.
Not really. Spot on.
If your going for the look of a $50k Subaru impreza p1 you nailed it.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #8
Stuartlogan77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Subaru impreza p1.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:09 PM   #9
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I have no have strong feelings, one way or the other.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Thanks for the feedback and comments guys but lets not forget that everyone builds their car the way that they like it and not how others like it! It’s okay to have an opinion but it’s not cool to bash another members M5 project.

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #11
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Rob/Andrew: first off, huge fan of your wheels... These ( http://strasseforged.com/bmw-m5-3/" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://strasseforged.../bmw-m5-3/</a> ) have long been my favorite aftermarket wheels out there, and I often check your site to see if you ever will get them onto an F10 M5, so I would know what it would look like on my car. Unfortunately in this color, they aren't my favorite either.

If it had been an actual member posting their own car, the normal response would most likely have been support for advancing the brand and pushing the limits, and nice comments from those who like the look.

However, in this instance you all posted this shoot not as a member, but as a vendor seeking future sales - honest feedback is to be expected, and adventurous wheel colors will continue to get mixed reviews. Don't you want to know what people like and don't like so you can better craft wheels that appeal to more potential customers?

And to the anonymous member who ordered these - I hope you are happy with your wheels and they make you smile every time you see them... No opinion on the internet should make you feel otherwise.

BTW, what wheels were on the Sakhir orange M5?
      02-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
Rob/Andrew: first off, huge fan of your wheels... These ( http://strasseforged.com/bmw-m5-3/ ) have long been my favorite aftermarket wheels out there, and I often check your site to see if you ever will get them onto an F10 M5, so I would know what it would look like on my car. Unfortunately in this color, they aren't my favorite either.

If it had been an actual member posting their own car, the normal response would most likely have been support for advancing the brand and pushing the limits, and nice comments from those who like the look.

However, in this instance you all posted this shoot not as a member, but as a vendor seeking future sales - honest feedback is to be expected, and adventurous wheel colors will continue to get mixed reviews. Don't you want to know what people like and don't like so you can better craft wheels that appeal to more potential customers?

And to the anonymous member who ordered these - I hope you are happy with your wheels and they make you smile every time you see them... No opinion on the internet should make you feel otherwise.

BTW, what wheels were on the Sakhir orange M5?
B-1 Pilot,

Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them and for your interest in the brand!

We actually got the wheels from the E60 M5 in that same exact finish combination on a Frozen Black F10 M5, just click on the name to see the shoot!

The owner of the vehicle asked us to post it for him being that he’s very occupied running his multiple businesses all of the time or with his family which we have no problem doing so. The only thing is that being that I’ve been on this forum for a few years now, also drive an ///M and see the daily threads in every section/subforum, these type of responses are pretty common whether the owner has loud wheels, an unpainted carbon fiber hood/trunk combination on his vehicle or tinted tail lights. FWIW, we are ALL enthusiasts modifying our own vehicles the way we envision them and would like for them to look. This is a forum full of enthusiasts/car guys (and girls) which should promote and support each other whether you approve of certain modifications or not. There is no need to bash a member for not doing something the way YOU seem fit. Instead, simply don’t post in a thread. Being nice and polite goes a very long way in this world!

We know that the blue/gold combo can be compared to a Subaru but what made me post was the fact that we shouldn’t be bashing one another. This is literally the ONLY forum that we are vendors on that members constantly do this to one another. It’s just not cool and shouldn’t be done but hey what do I know, I only work on offering my best possible customer service to every person I encounter whether they are rude or nice as our current, previous and prospective clients mean the world to us. This set of wheels had Matte Bronze centers originally but the owner wanted something loud as that’s what he specifically likes and wants on his own vehicle. In the end, we shouldn’t bash one another and instead show some respect toward each other and our vehicles as we aren’t driving $500 vehicles and do enjoy modifying our cars.

Please do not take my reply in the wrong way as I meant it in the most positive way possible! We do hope to earn your business in the near future so that you could see the quality of the products that we offer! Next up is full Brushed Gold wheels on this M5!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 12:36 AM   #13
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

digging it sir.
      02-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #14
Andrew@SW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
digging it sir.
Thank you for showing some love!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #15
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@StrasseWheels View Post
B-1 Pilot,

Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate them and for your interest in the brand!

We actually got the wheels from the E60 M5 in that same exact finish combination on a Frozen Black F10 M5, just click on the name to see the shoot!

The owner of the vehicle asked us to post it for him being that he’s very occupied running his multiple businesses all of the time or with his family which we have no problem doing so. The only thing is that being that I’ve been on this forum for a few years now, also drive an ///M and see the daily threads in every section/subforum, these type of responses are pretty common whether the owner has loud wheels, an unpainted carbon fiber hood/trunk combination on his vehicle or tinted tail lights. FWIW, we are ALL enthusiasts modifying our own vehicles the way we envision them and would like for them to look. This is a forum full of enthusiasts/car guys (and girls) which should promote and support each other whether you approve of certain modifications or not. There is no need to bash a member for not doing something the way YOU seem fit. Instead, simply don’t post in a thread. Being nice and polite goes a very long way in this world!

We know that the blue/gold combo can be compared to a Subaru but what made me post was the fact that we shouldn’t be bashing one another. This is literally the ONLY forum that we are vendors on that members constantly do this to one another. It’s just not cool and shouldn’t be done but hey what do I know, I only work on offering my best possible customer service to every person I encounter whether they are rude or nice as our current, previous and prospective clients mean the world to us. This set of wheels had Matte Bronze centers originally but the owner wanted something loud as that’s what he specifically likes and wants on his own vehicle. In the end, we shouldn’t bash one another and instead show some respect toward each other and our vehicles as we aren’t driving $500 vehicles and do enjoy modifying our cars.

Please do not take my reply in the wrong way as I meant it in the most positive way possible! We do hope to earn your business in the near future so that you could see the quality of the products that we offer! Next up is full Brushed Gold wheels on this M5!
So people who like the look should chime in with positve comments and praise and those who do not should simply not post? I have to take difference with that. Now, I do believe that there are constructive ways to post that you are not a fan of a particular look but appreciate the owner's individuality(and we can see that in this thread), but I would not go so far as to say "All in favor say "aye" and all opposed keep your mouth shut."
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #16
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
So people who like the look should chime in with positve comments and praise and those who do not should simply not post? I have to take difference with that. Now, I do believe that there are constructive ways to post that you are not a fan of a particular look but appreciate the owner's individuality(and we can see that in this thread), but I would not go so far as to say "All in favor say "aye" and all opposed keep your mouth shut."
I agree, I wasn’t only referring to this thread as these type of comments are all over the forum. I was talking more broad than just this thread as we have gotten both positive and negative responses before which is totally fine and we take everything into consideration. I was mainly referring to the few members that just came in here literally bashing the owners vehicle with such posts. In the end, this is the internet and everyone will do as they please but this is the only forum that this happens. I guess it’s a specific crowd on here opposed to other forums we are vendors on that these type of comments never happen.

Either way, we appreciate the feedback and take everything into consideration! I hope that all of you enjoy this $100k+ “Subaru”! Wait until you see the updated finish we’re doing!

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #17
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #18
NickRac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #19
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

This is a forum where opinions should be welcome. It's a virtual meeting place of like minded views or concepts. If I painted my M5 dog pecker pink and posted it I would expect that people would comment on it. People are going to say whats on their mind. If you can't accept that, then don't post pics of the car on the forum.

As for my opinion, I'm sorry but it's hideous. The wheels themselves are nice. I think Strasse wheels look like they are made with quality and I would possibly consider them one day. I have a MCB M5 and I went with bright silver. Others go with grays and blacks...but GOLD? Yes, it reminds me of an Imprezza. It exudes no class and doesn't match at all. I can respect "to each is own" but we should be able to give opinion. The Gold simply just doesn't work with this car with that color.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2014, 03:18 AM   #20
secksman
Rep
Drives: 2014 m5 CP manual trans

lol agreed
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #21
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

those are the ugliest wheels i have seen so far..

sorry guys
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #22
Guilty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 M6 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
those are the ugliest wheels i have seen so far..

sorry guys

Appreciate 0