BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-24-2024, 09:34 AM   #1
Curlyred
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F12 M6

F12 M6 Misfire issue

Hi - I would be extremely grateful for some advice on the issue I have with my 2013 BMW M6.
It has the S63 Twin Turbo V8 - It suddenly went into reduced power/drivetrain fault and upon interrogation by my close friend who is a Williams BMW Technician , cylinder 2 bank 2 is being shut down by the DME.

Trying to avoid crazy main dealer labour charges here. We have checked the obvious, changed the plug and coil and even replaced the injector - all to no avail.

My friend is absolutely stumped as to what to do or what the issue is. It does not appear to have any untoward obvious mechanical noises , ticking etc so can’t believe it’s a valve or cylinder problem. Car has been well maintained and only covered 44k. Had it idling fine on all cylinders for ten minutes after injector replaced but as soon as throttle applied it went in to drivetrain fault again.

I would be very appreciative if anyone could perhaps give us some suggestions as to where the fault may lie and what to do next to try to pinpoint the exact issue. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 04:11 AM   #2
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Are the spark plugs gapped correctly?
2018 M6 Gran Coupe> DME Stage 2 ECU Remap>Xpress Power Catless Downpipes>Resonator Delete> KW Height Adjustable Springs>Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser>Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler>Carbon Fiber Mirrors>IND Painted Front Grille> IND Painted Front Reflector>JR-34 Gunmetal Wheels, 20mm Spacer on rear, 10mm Spacer on front>RK Autowerks Carbon Air Intake>Racing Dynamics Carbon Engine Cover>Carbon Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 10:22 PM   #3
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
I know it may be silly but how old is your battery? These things get crazy finicky when the battery is low or old. My E93 M3 started throwing all kinds of codes and misfires one day after I let it sit too long (the battery was 10 years old). Changed it out cleared the codes and its been fine ever since.

Long shot but worth checking.
      02-26-2024, 10:38 AM   #4
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Has the injector been coded correctly? Correct injector? Some take EU5 some take EU6. Take it to a BMW indy shop if your friend who is a BMW tech can't figure it out. I'm grateful to have a fantastic tech at my local indy shop who worked at the dealer for 15+ years. Cheaper labor rate than dealer, more experience, plus they are happy to install all my aftermarket parts
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2024, 01:01 PM   #5
danielgmanm6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyred View Post
Hi - I would be extremely grateful for some advice on the issue I have with my 2013 BMW M6.
It has the S63 Twin Turbo V8 - It suddenly went into reduced power/drivetrain fault and upon interrogation by my close friend who is a Williams BMW Technician , cylinder 2 bank 2 is being shut down by the DME.

Trying to avoid crazy main dealer labour charges here. We have checked the obvious, changed the plug and coil and even replaced the injector - all to no avail.

My friend is absolutely stumped as to what to do or what the issue is. It does not appear to have any untoward obvious mechanical noises , ticking etc so can’t believe it’s a valve or cylinder problem. Car has been well maintained and only covered 44k. Had it idling fine on all cylinders for ten minutes after injector replaced but as soon as throttle applied it went in to drivetrain fault again.

I would be very appreciative if anyone could perhaps give us some suggestions as to where the fault may lie and what to do next to try to pinpoint the exact issue. Thank you

If you have a 2013 your car takes EU5 injectors not the updated EU6. I would check that first.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 08:58 PM   #6
AbedChaar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 gran coupe

I have the same problem but cylinder 7.
replaced plugs/coils and injector all OEM. drove good for 1 day than came back. have no clue what to do next. let me know if you have found a solution please
Appreciate 0