BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-01-2024, 09:13 AM   #1
pokrovsky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06 M6 6 Speed

Strange issue (Manual Transmission)

I know that there aren't many of us here but perhaps someone has some ideas.
my F06 developed strange behavior, first I started to get warnings on the dash saying the Auto Start/Stop is malfunctioning. It would come and go and recently started to do it pretty persistently, but also, not sure if it's related (if so I really don't understand how that can be?) hill hold assist seems to not work anymore.
While auto start/stop is an annoyance as it's pretty pointless feature especially on a manual transmission car, hill assist is a handy feature

Any troubleshooting clues anyone?

Thank you!

Last edited by pokrovsky; Yesterday at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 11:49 PM   #2
rotomoto712
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible

Wow. So I just went to check, and I didn't even realize that my manual had auto start/stop! It was set to off, and unlike modern BMWs, it must remember the last setting. Anyways, if you have access to ISTA or similar, I would run a scan and do diagnostics on the system. I don't think hill assist is related, but I am far from an expert on that.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 10:08 AM   #3
pokrovsky
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomoto712 View Post
Wow. So I just went to check, and I didn't even realize that my manual had auto start/stop! It was set to off, and unlike modern BMWs, it must remember the last setting. Anyways, if you have access to ISTA or similar, I would run a scan and do diagnostics on the system. I don't think hill assist is related, but I am far from an expert on that.
Thanks, I do have a cable but it's been a while since I messed with BMW programming. I used to tweak my e90 335i all the time but leave this unicorn mostly alone
      05-03-2024, 08:41 AM   #4
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
I believe you'll have an auxiliary battery under the trunk panel and when they get weak the auto stop start system can have issues.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #5
pokrovsky
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
I believe you'll have an auxiliary battery under the trunk panel and when they get weak the auto stop start system can have issues.
thank you!
      Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #6
pokrovsky
Enlisted Member
Rep

Nope. No aux battery in my trunk
Appreciate 0