BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-18-2015, 01:28 PM   #23
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Glad (sort of) to see that I am not the only one. I got a deep ding in my passenger-side door when the car had about 6K miles on it. I usually park away from other cars when I park in a shopping center, but sometimes other people do park next to me. If it was from someone opening their door, they had to slam their door pretty hard into mine. It does not look like a typical parking-lot ding.

May be chance, but I went nine years with my CLS55 without a single ding.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 02:02 PM   #24
nyy13lal24dal9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post

I'm afraid of stuff like this when I get the M6.

My GT has even suffered a bit, someone keyed the rim once (had to be refinished), then there is a very light keying on the hood, and one time some hippie with a Honda Fit had a minor fender-bender when the GT was parked, but the bumper was fixed, luckily no paint scratched.

The car is parked in a safe neighborhood, but I'm afraid of when driving the car to slightly more shady areas, I might be the target of vandalism.

The M6 should come with a 1-yr bodyguard included
I am concerned now as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #25
PhantomCypher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari FF, Hellcat, Maserati

Knock-on-wood I do a walk-around EVERYTIME I get in my M6 to go anywhere outside of my home. I came up once and found a note on my window notifying me my rear tire was flat and I shouldn't drive on it. Upon closer inspection I found a small gash in the sidewall of the tire from a knife. Killed my tire totally. Nothing worse than finding out your deductible is equivalent to the cost of a new tire...

I've had my fair share of bumps and scuffs on the front-end but my clear film protected me 100% of the time. Good luck keying that.
      01-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #26
LI M6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

I have a 2014 M6 GC and I think it's the best car I've owned. I have an E63 as well and have had an M5, Z06 and Audi S6.
The M6 is a great collection of all the best attributes of the above, in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #27
nyy13lal24dal9
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI M6 View Post
I have a 2014 M6 GC and I think it's the best car I've owned. I have an E63 as well and have had an M5, Z06 and Audi S6.
The M6 is a great collection of all the best attributes of the above, in my opinion.
Hey I see you live on LI. I do as well. May I ask what you do for winter tires?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #28
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

The M6 is a great car! An awesome GT car. My perspective on the stock exhaust is that from the cabin the car isn't very loud at all. When leaving friends' houses they all tell me it's pretty loud. Aftermarket systems are much louder. I highly recommend RPi or Akrapovic for a nicer exhaust note in cabin
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #29
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo
Got my car just before Thanksgiving. On Christmas Eve, I was shopping for gifts at The Grove Mall and came back to see my rear German Zoll ED plate was stolen. Then while shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond around new years, I came back to see someone had hit my front driver side bumper with a shopping cart and scuffed it. I then took the car in to Beverly Hills BMW where I purchased my car for some service and when I got the car back there was a huge tire scuff mark on my front passenger bumper. Most of that came off with compound, but a few deep scratches took out some paint. Beverly Hills BMW will be taking care of that one. I then found a gash on my rear driver side bumper a few days ago which I think happened inside my apartment's garage. Couldn't find the scumbag who did it. The last one just came two days ago at a valet where they scratched the bottom of the rear passenger side bumper. Every single corner of my car has been hurt within two months of owning it. I try not to fret too much about it, but if I catch the next scumbag in the act, it will be ugly.
Thats very unfortunate and feel for you. My problem is related to being less mentally evolved then most of you. I have put mine in the shop three times for stupidity. This is a big car. I have a hard time judging where the corners are. I have scraped up the front left bumper on the brick bordering my garage door. Backed it into the concrete wall in the parking garage where I worked (foot slipped off the small brakepedal on to accelerator. I have scraped up the right rear wheel repeatedly on curbs. I then remember to use the cameras after I have done something stupid. Fortunately, I have an outstanding bodyshop, unfortunately, I am now on a first name basis with them between mine and others mishaps. I am learning albeit a little slowly and its a lease. I am practicing on this one for when I get its replacement.

2013 F13/M6, BSM, Silverstone int., full leather
Previous; E36 1998 M3, E60 2007 550i Sport Pack, E60 2010 550i M Sport Pack
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 07:13 AM   #30
LI M6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy13lal24dal9 View Post
Hey I see you live on LI. I do as well. May I ask what you do for winter tires?
Essentially I don't drive it in any kind of snow. If I decide to though, I would get the Pirelli winter soto zero 2's.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 12:45 PM   #31
nyy13lal24dal9
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI M6 View Post
Essentially I don't drive it in any kind of snow. If I decide to though, I would get the Pirelli winter soto zero 2's.
That's exactly what I am going to do. They are the only tires I found that fit and they have pretty good reviews.
Appreciate 0